Review: Universe G1 Starscream Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
What, yet another Classics seeker repaint? But this just isn't any repaint. This is a more anime correct portrayal of Starscream. Just in time to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Transformers, Hasbro has re-released Starscream with a whiter (and brighter) paintjob. Check out the review here to see if this Starscream fares any better than the original Classics version.

With a set of Classics-sized Reprolabels that would be cool - but the bot mode as it stands is just _plain_. I like the Jet mode better though :shrug

Personally, I prefer the Classics version. Yes, the coloration of the head on this new one is better, but that's easy to fix with a bit of paint. Yes, the paint job may be more "G1 accurate", but the Classics version's paint scheme is just more dynamic and fits him better. If I were to pick this new one up, it would strictly be to repaint it into Sunstorm.

Personally, I prefer the Classics version. Yes, the coloration of the head on this new one is better, but that's easy to fix with a bit of paint. Yes, the paint job may be more "G1 accurate", but the Classics version's paint scheme is just more dynamic and fits him better. If I were to pick this new one up, it would strictly be to repaint it into Sunstorm.

:pfx. Classics Starscream has more appeal to him because of the extra touches in the accents and paint. Universe Starscream is nice for the purists, but it needs more details.

:pfx. Classics Starscream has more appeal to him because of the extra touches in the accents and paint. Universe Starscream is nice for the purists, but it needs more details.

You said it...I'm completely satisfied with Classics Starscream 1.0!

Details like... a face? Oh wait, Universe SS has one and Classics doesn't. For those who haven't seen these figures in person, I can't stress that difference enough.

i'm liking the lack of pointless chrome which has adorned the other Henkei figures, but I'd like to see the blue more of an anime blue, like the Takara reissue from a few years back, then i may be tempted to get this version...

Archived