How do you like your weapons?

Superconductor

As a kid, I loved spring-loaded weapons. Now, I'm not quite so enamored except in a few cases. However, I like the play value of bristling weaponry (such as Animated Ultra Magnus---love all those guns!)

I'd love to see some weapons with light features ala laser rod style---or maybe some moving features like ammo belts that pull thru machine guns and stuff. I was looking the other day for instance at some of the Energon weapons, and while I don't love a lot of the figures, I think they really got many of the weapons right (in spite of the spring loaded ones) What do you think about the weapons in general?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like weapons that can be attached/stored in both modes

loose weapons are the bane of my TF collecting (luckily my G1 DVD tin holds most of them)

loose weapons are the bane of my TF collecting (luckily my G1 DVD tin holds most of them)

:pfx

i despise spring loaded stuff. especially if it has a hair trigger.. i keep getting shot in the eye

I like spring loaded weapons, I just don't think they should all be spring loaded. It annoys me when the whole barrel of the gun is the rocket, Cybertron Hot Shot. In cases like that another gimmick should be used.

What I realy hate are the push from the back rockets.

Weapon storage is also a must! At those stage no TF should have loose parts in either mode, and maybe a place to store the weapon in bot mode besides the hand would be nice too. I'd realy like to see storage for extra parts become a standard. No more loose rockets, swords or nothing. To me BW NEO Magmatron is the best example of weapon storage to date. Tons of extra parts and a place for each. The Animated Dinobots, are the exact opposite.

One thing that I liked about AEC was that they standardized all the fist and screw holes to be the same so basicly anyone could carry anything any place. The movie into Animated had more stylized hands, and although I realy like that, I wouldn't mind seeing the versatility return too.

I ask, please give me more figures like Energon StarScream who's got hidden launchers and interchangable swords and guns. A weapon carrier would be cool too, a figure made with the intent of carring guns for the other bots, or a rifle loaded Prime trailer would be awesome.

As for weapons though, I gotta say in the end I love them!

Guns, swords, shields, launchers, you name it...

For a long time now I thought a real good idea would be for Hasbro to put out some weapon upgrade packs, just to bulk up your figures. Sell them in a case like the GIJoe Sigma6 figures came with and it would be a win with collectors. If Hasbro fears that they would only apeal to collectors, well wouldn't that be a great reason to rehash Robot Points and do this as a mail away?

it depends I love then when they are actually missiles like with Energon Demolisher (if only all 8 could fire...) but all too often it seems like firing missiles are forced onto the toy like they have a box to tick. An example most of not all of the energon autobots has missiles not a problem in and of itself but look at the guns its clear Prowls is more of a riffle and yet the muzzle is a missile? odd and its not like its like that in the show at all.

I'd also like to point out that size is not everything infact often when a toy has a huge gun it works agaist it when it comes to displaying the toy.

I like the character to carry both a mix of firearms and melee weapons, but mostly whatever is appropriate for the character. Bumblebee with a fusion cannon and a flail-o-doom would look a bit weird.

:pfx

i despise spring loaded stuff. especially if it has a hair trigger.. i keep getting shot in the eye

thats what my jetstorm figure has on both wing mounted launchers

I like laser pistols and rifles, especially the great variety of such weapons in the G1 toy line. I don't care for spring-loaded missiles. They generally take up more room than they would as static missile launchers [something that's merely sculpted to looked like a missile and launcher]. This is especially true with modern missile launchers, going all the way back to 1990. Some of the G1 toys, like Prowl, had missile launchers but they were made a lot better. The missiles, for example, look a lot better. Obviously there can be no such missiles now because of safety issues.

I also don't mind loose weapons if it means better looking weapons.

I miss just plain 'ol laser rifles and pistols. Seems like there's a firing gimmick crammed into a lot of figures now just because it can be done. Though, Classics and Universe 2.0 has had a very good balance except for the seekers (:tfgrr oversized launching plastic q-tips).

Archived