Warning! KO Encore Metroplexes abound

Snapes on a Plane

Checked mine last night, it seems legit. I got it from TFSource in October. My grid lines are fine, garage door and missile bay door are molded black plastic, rivets in the tires, correct tire font, and stickers are great.

The only thing that set me off was my serial number is H2608.

:shrug

This is really disappointing that even TakTomy didn't know what was going on with their own product.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just checked out the aticle and was a bit worried mine could be fake... I pre-ordered mine from TFSource as soon as Curt posted it on the site, so I got in early and I'm guessing that "H2208" was one of, if not the first batch number? as that's on mine. The TakTom logo seems to be well printed however, I have now yellowed/off-printed grey lines on the box art, or a rectangular mark around the batch number. The photos of the figure on the box are sharp. I'm keeping Metroplex MISB for the time being, so I don't know if those makrs of the figure being a KO will apply.

How can we be sure that these are actually KOs, and not just badly printed boxes that have slipped through the net? I work for a print company and the plates in the litho presses do occasionally move out of place, especially if there's a big run, which leads to the print being misaligned as seen in the apparent KO box example.

Sweet, I got a reply just now:

"Hi ___________,

We unfortunately didn’t receive any email on Saturday, but we’ve been having email issues all week. Sorry to hear about the Metroplex, please see the below.

No problem and we do apologize for the KO product being shipped, as our policy is never to misrepresent any items to our customers. We rarely carry any KO’s, but if we do we always clearly label them as such. To support our holiday sale we actually ordered from 4 suppliers, of which one shipped the KO’s. Fortunately we were able to catch this after shipping less than 10% of orders with the KO product. We have filed a claim against the seller, as well as contacted Takara/Tomy with his name and address, as well as website, to report him for selling counterfeit products, as well as misrepresenting goods to customers as we have email communication stating that this was legitimate Takara/Tomy product.

At our cost, we also have purchased twice the amount of KO’s shipped out, to fill any claims, from a legitimate supplier. So by all means please send your purchase back no questions asked, and we will send a replacement as well as refund shipping for the inconvenience. Normally we are good at identifying this product but the information regarding the counterfeit wasn’t readily available and we also receive so many orders during the holiday, we really weren’t looking for it, so it is our oversight. Apologies for the unfortunate situation, and the address for mailing your KO Metroplex back is below.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Curt"

I'm very glad that they are taking care of this issue immediately and to the best of their abilities. And yes, they are still AAA+ in my books.

It's awesome that they're taking responsibility for shipping KO's (even if it was unintentional) rather than saying "tough luck" and making you fight them like places can sometimes do.

:pfx

that kind of help just makes you want to spend double on toys next time :rock

Archived