Review: Universe Legend Brawn & Animated Starscream Figures

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Part two of the reviews covering the Legend class figures is now available for perusal. This time around, we look at the G1 rendition of Brawn, as well as another version of Animated Starscream. See both these figures by clicking here for the review.

I mostly agree with the review, but I think the color scheme is awesome. I have ALWAYS hated Brawn, but this little guy has gotten to me. For the size, I think they did an excellent job, too bad about the knee joints and shoulders though. But a big improvement from G1. There is a crappy review on youtube for this figure so you can see the transformation. He and Beachcomber are quite impressive in that aspect. From the back he just looks like a shell of a truck but you know even Alternators (Tracks) look like that. It would be cool to see a deluxe version of this character with better articulation and transformation.

i really do not see what is so wrong with starscream.. i wish his wings were like that in the voyager figure. and plus it's a legends figure.. i also don't see how points can be taken away for articulation.. it's a LEGENDS figure..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand Screamer is purple again.

Are they TRYING to keep him from being gray?

purple?

i really do not see what is so wrong with starscream.. i wish his wings were like that in the voyager figure. and plus it's a legends figure.. i also don't see how points can be taken away for articulation.. it's a LEGENDS figure..

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand Screamer is purple again.

Are they TRYING to keep him from being gray?

purple?

Points were taken from articulation because it's extremely limited. As mentioned in the review, legends have been showing some great improvement in the posing department. The Starscream figure almost reminds me of Armada minicons in it's design. Remember, though, that this is my opinion. If you think the figure deserves a higher score, that's great.

The original Brawn was always one of my favorite minicars. I loved his face, and the slightly odd styling of his arms and wings. I kinda wish I'd kept mine.

BTW, I'm 98% positive that I actually had a couple transformers before the G1 cartoon started airing (they did appear in a similar time frame). Please stop blaming the toys for not matching the cartoon.

The new version here isn't bad either, but I think I prefer the original.

Archived