Best Robot Heroes heads for conversions?

Valandar

After looking at Robot Heroes Prowl and Blitzwing, I realized it wouldn't take much tweaking for them to be modified into workable Deluxe size replacement heads - resculpting the mouth on Prowl, and slightly more in-depth face re-sculpting for Blitzwing. While the overall head sizes are slightly smaller than the typical Deluxes, their faces themselves are about the same size as, say, Deluxe Universe Classics Prowl's face. This means just beef up the helmet with details and such, and you have a workable head.

Looking at them, both Hound and Blitzwing have excellent heads for this - their helmets are relatively generic, and details and such can be added on easily. On the other hand, most of the Beast era RH's have heads that are either too organic, or too recognizeable and unique / weird for other uses.

Since I have only recently come to this conclusion (at the store yesterday), does anyone out there have other good ideas for RH heads that would make good custom character heads for pretty much any Deluxe class fig you think it would be paired with?

Actually, I'm talking about bulking up the helmets, themselves, to match Deluxe head sizes, because the FACES are the right size.

As an example:

headswap.JPG

That's Robot Heroes Hound's head, with the mouth filled in and resculpted, and details added on to the helmet with old model parts and some green epoxy putty, then painted.

• 4 months later...

Check out Myclones, too.

I bought an Ultra Magnus to turn a spare Alternator Prime into a UM, if I ever get around to it. The head looks really good, but not all of them do. Bumblebee, for example, looks really cartoony, but would be terrible for anything but the MyClone.

umag_bb1.jpg

alt_umag1.jpg

Check out Myclones, too.

I bought an Ultra Magnus to turn a spare Alternator Prime into a UM, if I ever get around to it. The head looks really good, but not all of them do. Bumblebee, for example, looks really cartoony, but would be terrible for anything but the MyClone.

umag_bb1.jpg

alt_umag1.jpg

yeah, it's the right scale...

gallery_2314_6_12670.jpg

you know, i still haven't finished this guy.

Archived