Classics Redalert by Rodimus VTS

Rodimus VTS

very cool my man. I think what would finish him off would put prowl's light bar on the roof.

tn_gallery_4946_464_26429.jpg
I am kind of surprised no one else has made him yet, but here he is my repaint of Sideswipe into Redalert.

View the Custom Gallery Here

Funny you should say that. I've been planning one since halfway through my Wheeljack project. ;)

very cool my man. I think what would finish him off would put prowl's light bar on the roof.

I've been planning that, too, when I realized I'd have the light-bar left over after I turn Prowl into Smokescreen. :tflaugh

It looks like this one has his air-intakes painted to resemble a light-bar, though.

Overall, this RA looks pretty good. :thumb

tn_gallery_4946_464_26429.jpg
I am kind of surprised no one else has made him yet, but here he is my repaint of Sideswipe into Redalert.

View the Custom Gallery Here

Funny you should say that. I've been planning one since halfway through my Wheeljack project. ;)

I've been planning that, too, when I realized I'd have the light-bar left over after I turn Prowl into Smokescreen. :tflaugh

It looks like this one has his air-intakes painted to resemble a light-bar, though.

Overall, this RA looks pretty good. :thumb

Thanks I thought about adding Prowl's light bar but that would probably interfere with putting the intakes on his back. I just wish the red would have printed out richer on my decals.

Really nice work throughout.

I do agree with the others that he needs a light bar though.

With the light bar the engine won't be able to attach in bot mode so I painted the intakes to show he has lights installed on them. I've looked at it from several angles and there's just no way to do it with out them disappearing into "Prime's trailer's void".

Really nice work throughout.

I do agree with the others that he needs a light bar though.

With the light bar the engine won't be able to attach in bot mode so I painted the intakes to show he has lights installed on them. I've looked at it from several angles and there's just no way to do it with out them disappearing into "Prime's trailer's void".

*shrug*

Mine's going into the parts pile. IMO, the only one who "needs" it is Sunstreaker, 'cause in G1, he was supposed to be a custom Lamborghini.

I originally bought the second Sunstreaker to replace the spoiler I screwed up on the first one, with the intention of using the extra for parts before I thought about doing Red Alert. Now, I'm trying to decide if I should try to fix the damaged spoiler for RA or just leave it off, although I'm suddenly wondering how the red piece from TFA Voyager Prime's axe (I really dislike that thing) would look as a custom spoiler, to further differentiate RA from Streaker, Swipe and Wheeljack...

are you going to paint his helmet red? ^_^

This is excellent. I never thought of this. If they cas make all 3 car chest bros., they can do Red too. I just hope he has a red head.

are you going to paint his helmet red? ^_^

I left it black since that is what color the toy pic I was using for reference was. I totally forgot it was red on the show. However all other reference material I have for him (Dreamwave G1 vol 1, and MTMTE guide books) show his head being black so I think I'll just leave it.

Archived