bbts.com "vintage" sections...

Devil Mazinkaiser

What's up with those micromaster set packages? Figured they would be worth more

They packages aren't perfect and all that blah-blah.

And I dunno, seemed like reasonable prices for the Micros to me, considering earlier G1'ers are the ones that most people want.

But I'm pretty sure BBTS sets prices by what the general prices on eBay are + check a few of the priceguides here and there.

$100.00+ ???

That's ridiculous. You can find one of those for $50.00 shipped, last I checked on eBay. Don't get me wrong, Superbase Optimus is one of my all time favorite figures (no, I'm not kidding) but even I wouldn't put that much dough down on 'em at this point. Doesn't excuse me for paying that before he ever hit store shelves though...

$100.00+ ???

That's ridiculous. You can find one of those for $50.00 shipped, last I checked on eBay. Don't get me wrong, Superbase Optimus is one of my all time favorite figures (no, I'm not kidding) but even I wouldn't put that much dough down on 'em at this point. Doesn't excuse me for paying that before he ever hit store shelves though...

Yeah I think I preordered him for $60 or so back in the day. God I remeber believing Hype and thinking that the auto transform gimmick in the trailer would make him impossible to find. I own 3 today, and outside of the sealed one who I can't speak for, the auto transform gimmick never worked.

The hype got me again when Unicron was released, again $60 only to have him as a shelf warmer for $15 6 months later. I even got 2 of the super limited black version for that price!!!

So yeah, if it's gonna hit regular retail, I'm sure I'll find it, and save preordering for exclusives and imports that I genuinly can't find.

Archived