Transformers: Cold War

Story is set on a "What If" universe.

=====

Prologue

The war is intense, and the Decepticons are in despair. They're under logistic & tactical disadvantages. Polyhex, Altihex, Trypticon, Victorax, and other Decepticon's cities, are being occupied by the attacking Autobot forces. Many Decepticons fled their strongholds, few of them are either killed or surrendered as prisoners of war. Leaving only Axiom Nexus and Kaon (the capital city) as two remaining Decepticons stronghold.

Ultra Magnus, as the leading figure of Autobot's major offensive, having just arrived at Polyhex, soon rendezvous with his subordinates, Roadbuster & Springer.

"No sign of him, yet?", Ultra Magnus asked.

"Negative, sir. I have dispatched a small group to entail the fleeing Decepticon forces, but still no sign of Megatron. Even our spies on Kaon & Axiom Nexus, reported that he wasn't even on his headquarter at Kaon.", Springer replied.

"Shall we disperse and proceed to Axiom Nexus & Kaon, commander?", Roadbuster added.

"That would be unnecessary.", Ultra Magnus.

"WHAA?! But, they're at major disadvantages here and there around Cybertron. If we don't finish this off now, I don't know when we could ever get the...", Roadbuster.

"Enough. I'm also fully aware of the Decepticon's defeats. But don't you think something fishy is going on? Look, we've faced them many times before, and this is the best they've got for such decisive & large scale battles? Don't you think it's kinda strange? And, Megatron wasn't even sighted on Kaon. Something must be wrong...", Ultra Magnus.

"Roger that.", Roadbuster & Springer replied.

Soon after that, they deploy their forces around those fallen Decepticon cities. And somewhere far from them...

"Starscream, Shockwave, report to me at once. How's our plan going on?", Megatron, communicating with his generals via scrambled comm-link which cannot be detected by Autobots surveillance.

"-zzz- -zzz- Lord Megatron, here's Shockwave reporting from Kaon. Our distraction is working, my liege. The Autobots have taken our cities, or should I say, our baits.", Shockwave.

"Good. And, Starscream?", Megatron.

"Oh illustrious Megatron, I hereby want to report the falls of Polyhex, Altihex, Trypticon, Victorax and few other Decepticon strongholds. Apparently, your cunning plan works, this time, oh my liege. But are you sure it is wise to let them occupy & establish their bases on our cities? Are you sure it is wise to let them capture many of our comrades? Anndddd, are you sure this time your plan won't fail?", Starscream.

"Silence, you fool. I have no time for your whines. Because now I want you to sporadically strike the fallen cities of ours. Distract them, away from me. Until further notices. Copy that?", Megatron.

"Of course, I'll do your bidding, oh grand & glorious leader. Here's Starscream, over and out. Tee-hee.", Starscream.

Comm-link ended.

Megatron is accompanied by Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak, Rumble, Frenzy & Thundercracker. And they're currently on underground tunnel networks which leads to......... Iacon. The capital city of the Autobots. What kind of object of interest on Iacon, which attracts and led Megatron to sacrifice his cities & troops, and even going for this certain object all by himself?

Archived