WST Dinobots Snarl

Raider Magnus

So, I've slowly been adding to my WST collection as the Dinobots come down in price and I find an under-priced gem here and there on eBay. Got Grimlock and Slag together for $16 incl shipping a few months back. Just now got Snarl. Look brilliant just like the other two, but the hind legs are evidently just stuck on pegs and have little friction to keep them from jsut falling off when the hinge is used.

Anyone else got one and have they dealt with this?

Thx

Are you talking about the gold chrome bits of his lower legs? If so then there really isn't much you can do outside of the whole superglue/clear nail polish trick to tighten them up.

Yeah, that's the spot. And that's kind of what I figured would be the only fix. Just wondering if mine was typical or had others seen this.

Still, it's cool having proper scale Dinobots. I like the boxes having reference pics from the series.

Yep, mine had the same problem. So much so in fact, that I refuse to get the rest of the WST Dinobots for fear of them having the same horrible plastic quality and construction.

Are the rest really that much better than Snarl? He was the first afterall, so maybe they improved for the later ones.

Yep, mine had the same problem. So much so in fact, that I refuse to get the rest of the WST Dinobots for fear of them having the same horrible plastic quality and construction.

Are the rest really that much better than Snarl? He was the first afterall, so maybe they improved for the later ones.

Aside from the retractable fists being removable on Slag, both he and Grimlock are perfect miniatures of G1. And neither have this issue. I got them first, so Snarl was my newest and it surprised me. Frankly Grimmy and Slag are wonderful. I like Snarl too except for that, and that I cannot store his fists in his compartment- Slag stores them in his chest with his own fists.

These are just incredible little figures. If you liked the WST line, then they're simply must-haves. Considering the scale that they were working with, they had to use friction joints in some places. FWIW, none of mine have any problems what-so-ever, and I have 2 of each - including the limited edition repaints, so four of most molds.

Archived