Anyone know of a fix for this?

Supreme_Megatron

So after getting my Henkei Thundercracker and Skywarp the other day, I opened TC last night (held off on Skywarp because I have no issues with Hasbro's and might sell it). Jet mode - flawless. Robot mode, though..well, I was predictably pissed off to find out that the shoulder cannons don't peg into the holes properly, because the hole's too big.

Looking at the TF Wiki, it seems this is an issue a lot of people have had (I hadn't noticed this on news sites at all). Since it renders the figure pretty much useless in robot mode, I've gotta figure out a way to fix it. Does anyone know anything in particular that would work here? Tightening the screws hasn't helped anything, but I was wondering if maybe a couple coats of clear nail polish or even Tamiya clear paint would be sufficient to fix this. I didn't want to somehow screw up the figure before doing it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

there's a thread on here about it somewhere (you can search "thundercracker" it should show up) i think it's the screw's too long or something so take the screw out & to a diy or electrical store for a shorter replacement

or just send it to me :P

Someone suggested on the other thread about this that you should unscrew the arm and shave the excess plastic that doesn't let the arm halves go together properly. I don't know if this works though but hopefully it'll help you out. Sorry to hear that such an expensive figure is causing so many people a lot of grief.

You would think that QC (if there is such a thing in Hasro OR Takara these days) would have caught that problem :shrug

Huh, I tried every search of Thundercracker I could imagine and got squat. I'll maybe take a look at the arm tomorrow and shave some plastic off it. Thanks!

Archived