Mass Release vs Ultra Limited?

G.A.S.H.

Right, this is a thread in regards to certain things of the fandom. Do you think these limited edition figures are worthwhile? The ones that will be hundreds of Dollar-Pounds for?

Below is some stuff on the subject.

:lol "You mean this Transmetal 2 megs?" WOW! Ask you shall receive :D

Great LD Transformers UC! Personally GASH is an idiot and jealous of you, that BW ld Megatron is OUTstanding! I love the MP Prime LD too! How much does one of those go for? :P

Yep, I'm real jealous I don't have such a disgusting figure to display in my measly collection of TFs I find awesome. I'm so jealous I haven't spent much purchasing the TFs I want and that's it. And I'm so jealous that you are so narrow minded you insult me after I insulted a toy...

You see, I have the original BW T-Rex Megatron, and it's alright. Not great. But paint it gold, and I just think it looks hideous. It looses it's detail and really is an eyesore. Also don't like the silly coloured Prime (orange, blue, green etc? :wtf) and it's just another display piece which I see no point in. I can't justify spending money on something like that, and then not even be able to touch it in fear of breaking it. But I wouldn't buy it anyway, because I don't like how it looks. The Blue Convoy just looks like he's got really bad hypothermia, BTW.

All in all, why are you calling me an idiot? Because I have an opinion different to you guys. Because I'm jealous of someone spending 4K on a TF when I could make my own BW Megatron look like that with some cheap paint?

I ask this because where in any point in my post did I make a comment that needed me to be called an idiot? I expressed an opinion, and you immediately call me a jealous idiot. Why? What proof do you have? Why say I'm jealous? Maybe all this post will do is just keep your opinion the same, that you feel that every TF fan in the world needs to see the point of Ultra-Mega-Hyper-Never-Remove-From-Box Transformers, and if they don't, they're jealous.

That. looks. shit... I don't care how limited edition it is, it looks terrible and therefore is :fail
Does the water-pistol work?

Im sure it does but I'm not going to test it.

And this is another thing. It's got features he's too scared to try, in case of damaging it. It's useless at what a TF is, as a toy then. It's one of the reasons I don't buy display characters, and don't see the point in lots of the busts, and all those other things.

To me, TFs are toys, of characters from TV shows I like (or I just like the design), and want a version of to play with, to make my own battles.

So then, do you want to continue this discussion, or just admit you were wrong? That I can have a seperate opinion and not be called an idiot, or jealous?

P.S. ultra convoy - I'm not insulting you or what you've done. I just personally think it's a waste of money... It's deceptikhan who's annoyed me...

Sorry for the hijack

I paid you no mind in your first comment because you don't appreciate what I'm showing here.... which is fine

Did i waste 4K? No. maybe to you because you not the die hard fan who know what it is to get a hardcopy or something super rare.

you like mass release items? fine. I don't. I actually gave up collecting mass release so i can focus on Lds and protos which by the way are very expensive and not for everyone.

Plus you coming on my thread calling my toy crap. was that respectful or nice?

"if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all" and i recommend you don't come on my threads any more because all I show is crap.

"if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all" is a useless saying. I'm just voicing an opinion. All of what I say is my opinion, but I think 4K is a waste of money when buying what is, predominantly, a toy.

So what if I called your toy crap. Sure it's not respectful, but I find lots of things crap. I hate the taste of fish and cheese, I strongly dislike my TV because it is so bulky, I hate modern art because it just looks foolish and nonsensical etc...

I don't see the point in focusing on highly expensive limited editions toys; it just strikes as too much money, not enough sense.

Did i waste 4K? No. maybe to you because you not the die hard fan who know what it is to get a hardcopy or something super rare.

Die hard fan? What, just because I don't spend 4K on something, I'm not a die hard fan? That makes no sense. A die hard fan is just someone who is incredibly fan-like about it. Could mean they haven't bought any of the stuff, but rave about it almost every second...

And you know why I don't get "normal" super rare things? Because they're expensive and personally, look disgusting. You know what I think is super rare? The original Transmetal Tarantulas. He's impossible to get, no longer in production and not being sold on eBay. That's super rare, but should be quite cheap.

Something being super rare is a silly thing anyway - I mean, seriously, not being offensive, but having these highly expensive things is just saying "Nah nah nah nah nah nah, I got something you don't got". It is just a point of saying how you're better than them in a way, because you can afford this kind of thing...

"if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all" and i recommend you don't come on my threads any more because all I show is crap.

Huh, guess people can't accept that they don't like some toys, even though others can. Personally, I love Energon Perceptor. Do other people? No. Do I tell them to ignore posts including that? No. Just because I don't like the look of these toys doesn't mean I can't talk about them. You're on a TF board - how much complaint has there been over the years?

You need to learn that people can have opinions whereby they express their dislike of certain things, like pure gold painted toys. I'm not insulting you, I'm just saying I feel you've wasted your money on something I find disgusting to look at...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I know is: the guy whose sig says, "Jesus Christ is the ONLY WAY and ONLY TRUTH and the ONLY LIFE to live by." showing off his golden idol online is super awesome irony.

I wouldn't ever spend that kinda cash on a toy.

See, that's my point. I can't justify spending money on a toy over about £30 nowadays. And mostly because the more expensive the figure, the worse it gets IMO. I mean, look at Animated Leader Megatron. I got him for £20, and he's alright. But I actually my Universe Galvatron or Animated Oil Slick over him. I just feel they were worth the money I payed for them...

And the person who's sig you're talking about is ultra convoy...

different strokes for different folks.

I don't however see why you needed to bring this argument out from it's original thread. I mean, if you really wanted to discuss this, I don't know why you felt the need to include all that. I think it's rather petty if you feel the need to continue this discussion. If he wanted to spend $4000 on an ultra rare figure, GOOD FOR HIM! You should be happy for him that he was able to obtain such a rare figure. I mean, only 10 were made? Yeah, if you were a hardcore collector, which he obviously is, I don't see why you want to make him feel bad about his hobby.

edit: I see in the original thread you were polite in suggesting this debate gets its own thread as not to hijack his. Still bugs me though that it seems you're making this personal

It's not an argument. It's a valid discussion. What is the merit of spending so much money on what is obviously designed as a toy? Of course, it's purpose has been changed, but is the reason for these dramatic wallet biting purchases?

Why should I be happy? All I see is an ugly toy that he wasted his money on...

I'm not being petty - I want to know what people ACTUALLY think about this, why they want to pay such a large sum of money on a single toy.

But of course, people lash out at me for insulting a rare toy. So I guess that means I can't actually voice my opinion, eh?

Grief, you need to learn that not everything is about being spiteful, or nasty, or full of hate. Sometimes, especially with me, it is pure curiosity, mostly in a childlike innocence...

Lol, i don't know why you don't understand this. Ultra Convoy is a collector who specializes in rare figures. When you're dealing with figures produced in such small quantities, it's expected to be expensive. So it's an expensive hobby. It's not like he's buying $4000 for a toy and playing with it. You're also forgetting the investment. Who knows what they may be worth in the future.

I like when items are mass produced cause everyone gets a change to play. However there are going to be some rare or odd figures that unfortunatly not everyone can get.

Kudos if you can afford it and care for it, and thanks for sharing if starting a thread on it. To those who can't well, do like me, save up, work more, and earn some bragging rights. It's worth it!!!

There are plenty of high end figures that I dream about, but I'm not gonna curse anyone for having them, I'm gonna work harder to get them, which makes those prize pieces even more special.

To those who say it's money wasted, well, my Dad had a saying "One man's trash is another's treasure" If you don't want it, don't knock the one's who do, cause deep down, you know you want it on your shelf too.

It's not an argument. It's a valid discussion. What is the merit of spending so much money on what is obviously designed as a toy? Of course, it's purpose has been changed, but is the reason for these dramatic wallet biting purchases?

I'm not being petty - I want to know what people ACTUALLY think about this, why they want to pay such a large sum of money on a single toy.

But of course, people lash out at me for insulting a rare toy. So I guess that means I can't actually voice my opinion, eh?

Grief, you need to learn that not everything is about being spiteful, or nasty, or full of hate. Sometimes, especially with me, it is pure curiosity, mostly in a childlike innocence...

Then this is what your post should of been:

"Hey everyone,

From looking at the thread posted about the limited megatron (which was very expensive), I was wondering what yall's thoughts on spending large quantities on rare figures? Would you see this as an acceptable hobby or is it not for you? I'm interested in why people may feel the need to spend lots of money on a special figure"

not this:

Hey look at this fight I had with this guy on his UGLY that figure he wasted 4000 on! WHo would do that? I think it's stupid!!

Lol, i don't know why you don't understand this. Ultra Convoy is a collector who specializes in rare figures. When you're dealing with figures produced in such small quantities, it's expected to be expensive.

Yes, and what drives someone to spend that amount of money on a small proportion of toys...

It's not like he's buying $4000 for a toy and playing with it.

No, he's spending 4K on a toy and not playing with it...

You're also forgetting the investment. Who knows what they may be worth in the future.

I'm sorry, but :rofl It may be worth in the future? Would you sell it if it became worth more than that? Probably not? Why? Because you want more...

I like when items are mass produced cause everyone gets a change to play. However there are going to be some rare or odd figures that unfortunatly not everyone can get.

Well, yeah - and I don't want the intentionally rare or odd figures... If it's become rare because I wanted it and never got it while I had the chance, like TM Tarantulas, that's different. That was a normal figure that then became unavailable...

There are plenty of high end figures that I dream about, but I'm not gonna curse anyone for having them, I'm gonna work harder to get them, which makes those prize pieces even more special.

Where did I curse him? I'm just saying that, in my opinion, I think it's a waste of money, and the figure he spent it on looks, to put it bluntly, crap...

To those who say it's money wasted, well, my Dad had a saying "One man's trash is another's treasure" If you don't want it, don't knock the one's who do, cause deep down, you know you want it on your shelf too.

Hell no! As I've repeatedly said, I wouldn't want that on my shelf (if I had a shelf :D)... I just think it looks disgusting, and that I could make one like that with some paint.

Then this is what your post should of been:

"Hey everyone,

From looking at the thread posted about the limited megatron (which was very expensive), I was wondering what yall's thoughts on spending large quantities on rare figures? Would you see this as an acceptable hobby or is it not for you? I'm interested in why people may feel the need to spend lots of money on a special figure"

not this:

Hey look at this fight I had with this guy on his UGLY that figure he wasted 4000 on! WHo would do that? I think it's stupid!!

Which is why I've created this thread... I might've made a strong post, but I'm not apologising for it. Why? Because I insulted an inanimate object, not a person with feelings...

Personally I think the all chrome/gold editions are indeed fugly, and insanely overpriced. Normal "rare" items I have no problem with, like mentioned above. If something was avaialbe at one time and I missed out on it and now it's rare, that's cool. As long as it's not something gone insanely overpriced.

Personally I think Anyone spending 4k on a plastic toy is nuts, even if it is a rare toy. I can't understand anyone spending that kind of cash on a toy when the economy is as borked as it is right now. But then a fool and his money are soon parted, as the saying goes.

Archived