Pics of MP-08 Grimlock Proto, Disney TF & Henkei!

Peter_Van

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, don't invoke the whole MPSS fiasco. I don't think I can endure another G1-perfect mold redesigned into something more modern prior to release, and I could see them doing it with the whole "tail dragging" situation.

Please, don't invoke the whole MPSS fiasco. I don't think I can endure another G1-perfect mold redesigned into something more modern prior to release, and I could see them doing it with the whole "tail dragging" situation.

I don't think that would be possible at this point. Moving the wings around on SS is one thing, making Grim's dino mode look more like a modern T-rex would mean a complete remold.

BTW I'm liken' all this news!

I don't think that would be possible at this point. Moving the wings around on SS is one thing, making Grim's dino mode look more like a modern T-rex would mean a complete remold.

BTW I'm liken' all this news!

I'm pretty sure SS was a complete remold, but... *shuts up*

Srsly, 350Z as Megatron? I thought it's gonna be 370Z.. :argh

Well, I just put it there for people who don't know their car models. The 350Z is actually on the street right now, while the 370Z is coming. So while it's coming, people who don't follow the car industry as religiously as we do won't know what that is.

Also, I don't know if the alt mode is based on the next-gen, or current-gen vehicle.

*will display Grimmy in waiter mode*

Unless of course I can find a sweet professer hat and mini-chalkboard.

200px-GrimlockManga.jpg

He looks awesome nostalgia wise in t-rex mode (I woulda been okay with a better t-rex mode, but I'm okay with this one and I understand why they did it. Knowing our fandom, people would complain either way.) and friggin badass in robot mode.

That being said, protos have a habit of looking moar :awsum than the toy ends up being. He's cool enough to get, but not cool enough to pay 150+ for the Takara version.

Bring on Grimart (or is that Wallock?)! Hopefully priced decently, ala Wallscream and Prime.

~Matt Booker

I'm a little disappointed in MP Grimlock. I think I still want him, but in some ways that dino mode is actually a step backwards from the G1 version (I was hoping for a small step forward- I knew it wouldn't stray to far from a G1 likeness).

Did Grimlock look like that in the cartoon prior to the movie (I haven't seen it in so long I can't remember). I know he looked like that after the movie, but that version had shifted over from the vicious warrior that almost killed optimus prime to to a circus animal/clown that NEVER transformed, and probably wasn't terribly formidable anymore either. It follows that if you're going to create that version- he really doesn't need to transform either.

I know there are several generations of people now forever stuck on the Me Grimlock need brain version, but for me he's always gone back further, to the original hyper intelligent, cold blooded, vicious leader he was back at his inception. I loved THAT guy.

Archived