Pics of MP-08 Grimlock Proto, Disney TF & Henkei!

Peter_Van

As for Mickey Mouse, he looks incredibly ghey. The fruity cartoony truck to the stupid looking robo mickey. Is it no wonder I hate Disney

I do not understand how one can say this, turn around and look at MP Grimlock, and not say the same thing.

I did. It's in an earlier post on this topic. His robot mode looks pretty neat, but that dino mode is as ghey as it was on TV. Ugh...

I didn't necessarily mean you; it's been a sentiment of many in this thread already, and it makes me laugh.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahh Well I dislike both of them. Though you're right in that if one looks ghey, they both should. Some people may just get him and keep him in robot mode the whole time and thus forgive the ghey dino mode.

Mickey Prime is such a retarded idea, yet I can't help wanting it ><

that's exactly why i want it :P

Just the ones in the TF Armada game.

YES ! (tidal wave plz hasbro kthx)

I hate to say this, but I wonder if the cost of MP Grimlock is making people hate it more than they would if it cost less money?

i don't even know what the cost is - i just wanted prime/megs MP figs personally (no other characters deserve that much attention imo)

As for Mickey Mouse, he looks incredibly ghey. The fruity cartoony truck to the stupid looking robo mickey. Is it no wonder I hate Disney

I do not understand how one can say this, turn around and look at MP Grimlock, and not say the same thing.

I did. It's in an earlier post on this topic. His robot mode looks pretty neat, but that dino mode is as ghey as it was on TV. Ugh...

:roll Ummm..That's the point of the MP line. They are supposed to look like they did on TV. A complete redesign NON G1 MP Grimlock is just an idiot idea and defeats the purpose of the line.

:roll Ummm..That's the point of the MP line. They are supposed to look like they did on TV. A complete redesign NON G1 MP Grimlock is just an idiot idea and defeats the purpose of the line.

* looks at MPSS *

:shrug

(Although, I still tend to believe that MP Starscream was originally intended to be an Alternator, but got MP'd when Hasbro nixed expanding the line.)

G1 accurate or not, MP Grimlock's dino mode reeks of gheyness. Not only is it scientifically inaccurate, but it takes that inaccurate design and emphasizes its worst qualities. :fail on two levels.

LM hit the nail on the head when he said this looks like Mechagodzilla's mother-in-law.

Mostly what bugs me though is the fact that the alt mode is scientifically out of date. It's fine that he looks that way in G1, back then that's what paleontologists thought the t-rex looked liked.

Now it's 2008 and we have a much better understanding of the skeletal structure of the t-rex. So why not update Grimlock accordingly? They did it with MP Starscream (F-15 to the updated 5-15e).

I'm sure TT's engineers could have come up with a scientifically accurate t-rex alt mode and a faithful G1 robot mode. Even if it was just a bigger, more :awsum version of Classics Grimlock, it would have been better then the craptastic out-of-date dino mode we got here. It's truly a shame to see what could have been a fantastic, high end collector's figure turn out to be a dud due to a slavish G1 mentality.

That Optimouse Prime toy must be mine though. I think I'll end up getting all of them (if there is indeed more to come after Micky) just for the sheer :hyuk :tfwtf of the idea.

I may already have a web-comic idea in mind :schin

:win :win :win GRIMLOCK!!! Although others are saying that G1 acurate dino mode is ghey, i for one totally love it. Robot mode is even better! Mickymus Prime is :tflol because he is an exo suit for micky not a transformer really.

G1 accurate or not, MP Grimlock's dino mode reeks of gheyness. Not only is it scientifically inaccurate, but it takes that inaccurate design and emphasizes its worst qualities. :fail on two levels.

LM hit the nail on the head when he said this looks like Mechagodzilla's mother-in-law.

Mostly what bugs me though is the fact that the alt mode is scientifically out of date. It's fine that he looks that way in G1, back then that's what paleontologists thought the t-rex looked liked.

Now it's 2008 and we have a much better understanding of the skeletal structure of the t-rex. So why not update Grimlock accordingly? They did it with MP Starscream (F-15 to the updated 5-15e).

I'm sure TT's engineers could have come up with a scientifically accurate t-rex alt mode and a faithful G1 robot mode. Even if it was just a bigger, more :awsum version of Classics Grimlock, it would have been better then the craptastic out-of-date dino mode we got here. It's truly a shame to see what could have been a fantastic, high end collector's figure turn out to be a dud due to a slavish G1 mentality.

That Optimouse Prime toy must be mine though. I think I'll end up getting all of them (if there is indeed more to come after Micky) just for the sheer :hyuk :tfwtf of the idea.

OH DEAR GOD!!! :suicide PLEASE!!! Scientifically inaccurate?!?! WHAT?!?!?! Who give a flip! It's a friggin cartoon character!! Why not update Grimlock to fit our better understanding of the skeletal structure of the T-rex?!?! again...IT'S A FRIGGIN CARTOON!!! NO one complains about the MP Prime, Megs or Jets cause they're all inanimate objects but god forbid we stick with the concept of the MP line and do an updated AMAZING versions of the Grimlock toy how he should have always been.

I swear...they are toys of cartoon characters. I really wish we could stop with the uber realistic scientific WAY TOO CRITICAL crap.

OH but the Optimouse Prime Micky mouse pile o' poop cross over figure is OK.

OH DEAR GOD!!! :suicide PLEASE!!! Scientifically inaccurate?!?! WHAT?!?!?! Who give a flip! It's a friggin cartoon character!! Why not update Grimlock to fit our better understanding of the skeletal structure of the T-rex?!?! again...IT'S A FRIGGIN CARTOON!!! NO one complains about the MP Prime, Megs or Jets cause they're all inanimate objects but god forbid we stick with the concept of the MP line and do an updated AMAZING versions of the Grimlock toy how he should have always been.

I swear...they are toys of cartoon characters. I really wish we could stop with the uber realistic scientific WAY TOO CRITICAL crap.

OH but the Optimouse Prime Micky mouse pile o' poop cross over figure is OK.

:tfpwn

Archived