Where is the Transformers Wiki getting some of its info from?!

Damolisher2

OK, I'd like to know where the "Confirmed" couples list from the Female Transformers Page on the TFWiki came from, because most of them aren't even CLOSE to being couples in canon. I'm assuming that's either one hell of a resource they're using, or whoever wrote the damn list has had limited to no experience with relationships with women.

We've got the ones everyone knows, like Optimus and Elita, but then there's ones that are incredibly dodgy, and have had no indications anywhere I'VE seen, like Ironhide/Chromia, Mooracer/Powerglide, Firestar/Inferno, (Unless "rescue missions" is suddenly cybertronian slang for ****ing,) STRIKA/OBSIDIAN?! and Alpha Trion and Beta. Seriously, who the **** wrote that list?

And then there's ones which have either been one sided, or are not actual relationships, although both characters have shown signs of interest, such as Hot Rod/Arcee, Springer/ Arcee, Chromedome/Arceee (I've read somewhere that Chromedome was supposed to have a thing for Arcee, but nothing in the Headmasters cartoon from what I saw indicated anything other than kinship from her.) Arcee/Bumblebee in the GI Joe/Transformers comics. (Or is it Transformers/GI Joe? Either way, once again, one sided.)

Really, what the hell? Am I missing something here?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, I'd like to know where the "Confirmed" couples list from the Female Transformers Page on the TFWiki came from, because most of them aren't even CLOSE to being couples in canon. I'm assuming that's either one hell of a resource they're using, or whoever wrote the damn list has had limited to no experience with relationships with women.

We've got the ones everyone knows, like Optimus and Elita, but then there's ones that are incredibly dodgy, and have had no indications anywhere I'VE seen, like Ironhide/Chromia, Mooracer/Powerglide, Firestar/Inferno, (Unless "rescue missions" is suddenly cybertronian slang for ****ing,) STRIKA/OBSIDIAN?! and Alpha Trion and Beta. Seriously, who the **** wrote that list?

And then there's ones which have either been one sided, or are not actual relationships, although both characters have shown signs of interest, such as Hot Rod/Arcee, Springer/ Arcee, Chromedome/Arceee (I've read somewhere that Chromedome was supposed to have a thing for Arcee, but nothing in the Headmasters cartoon from what I saw indicated anything other than kinship from her.) Arcee/Bumblebee in the GI Joe/Transformers comics. (Or is it Transformers/GI Joe? Either way, once again, one sided.)

Really, what the hell? Am I missing something here?

Hey "Damolisher" long time no see.

Anyway I think I can answer some of your issues here.

You kind of need to be a child of the 80's [and maybe from the U.S.] to see how these characters were considered couples.

It was pretty common back in the 80's in cartoons to introduce female counterparts of known characters and give subtle hints that these characters were ether involved or were interested in each other.

The idea of sudden pauses while they spoke to each other,stumbling of words and certain suggestive dialog.

And sometimes just the "WAY" a character said something....for example Inferno saying that "I SURE MISS our rescue missions together FIRESTAR".

And those subtle hints were mane "NOT SO SUBTLE" by the fact that the main theme of the episode in question was about Optimus and Elitias relationship.

When you see the main topic of the episode is about their relationship you start to take the subtle hints given about the other characters and start to but things together to match.

As for STRIKA & OBSIDIAN.They were called "Consorts" of each other at least once.And a consort is an other word for spouse.

You reckon? I'm not seein' it with Inferno/Firestar, man. I've been watching "Search for Alpha Trion" over and over again to see if I can see it, and I really can't, dude.

Not only that, it's also a "stupid" thing.

About as stupid as anything else.

I'm not saying I agree with the list, just that I can understand how others could have

id but its not really any more stupid then anything else.

I'm not saying I agree with the ideas and the reasons for that list.

But I can see why some think they see what they do.

Archived