Review: Universe Silverstreak Figure

Blitz-Wing

100.jpg
Rounding out the current wave of repaints... er... Universe figures is another G1 regular, Silverstreak. There were complaints before about Prowl not having enough detail. Does the repaint address these issues? Find out by clicking here for the review

Guest Primal-Convoy

Great review! However, you included a bit from Sideswipe's review, I think:

"It's a very subtle difference, but the turn marker on the front bumper is amber instead of the orange on Sunstreaker. Perhaps amber on Streaker would have gotten lost on the paint job. The other noticeable difference is in the rear. His back end is painted in black versus Sunstreaker's silver applique. Also, the license plate reads SWIPE. To top off the changes, the tailpipe is painted in black."

Yes, Silverstreak is a fine chunk. I did take some cues from SS for Prowl, I broke out the silver sharpie and lined out his rims(which in alt mode just makes him pop now) and I added some silver to the middle section of the shoulder cannons and red tipped them. So much better looking, but SS still wins in the deco dept.

:guh I overwrote one section that was already revised while leaving another unscathed. Shame on me :emo.

Fixed

what's with that big indent on the front of him where the autobot symbol is at? :tflook

Cowl induction. Prowl has the same indent on his hood, it's basically for forced air intake.

Bluestreak was always one of my favorite characters... I HAD to snatch this guy up!

Now just waiting on Hound, Ratchet, Legends Brawn / Bumblebee / Cliffjumper / Cosmos / Beachcomber and (HOPEFULLY) Deluxe Trailbreaker, Wheeljack, Jazz, Legend Windcharger and Huffer...

Archived