TRANSFORMERS @ 20 I: TFORMERS SUMMER SPECIAL

transformersarama
    By transformersarama,

TRANSFORMERS @ 20 I: TFormers SUMMER SPECIAL

by Benjamin Ong Pang Kean

Get ready for Reload, Dreamwave-style. 2004 marks the 20th anniversary of the Transformers property. Dreamwave, having taken the comics world by storm two years ago with the debut of Transformers: Generation One, written by Chris Sarracini with art by Dreamwave head honcho and art maestro Pat Lee, has so far reengineered the Transformers for the new millennium, with comic books projects such as G1 (now in its third volume), Energon (previously Armada), The War Within (now in its second volume, The Dark Ages) and the character profile books, More Than Meets The Eye.

January was a big (think giant robots big) month for the publisher and things are about to get even bigger and hotter this summer. Dreamwave's media communications manager Candice Chan informed Newsarama that the Toronto-based publisher and the Transformers are now ready to take over the universe. Get ready for the comic book debut of Beast Wars and Robots in Disguise in the pages of the Transformers Summer Special in May and a four-issue Micromasters limited series in June.

In the first of a four-part daily focus on Transformers, it’s time to learn about the return of an all-time fan favorite Decepticon leader as well as Dreamwave’s plans for the property. There’s definitely more than meets the eye here.

But first, the big picture scenario…

More on this at the following link:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9632

Huge Optimus Prime Rifle

WRX-78
    By WRX-78,

Starscream's Missiles

Bizzmoff
    By Bizzmoff,

I'm sure this is not an original thought but has anyone else wanted to clip the ends off of Starscream's missiles?

Glad To Be Here.

MightyMustang
    By MightyMustang,

First of all I want to say how glad I am to be here among my fellow Transformer fans. I am a huge collector of Transformers and I used to watch every cartoon episode as a kid and now own the dvd box sets of those cartoons. I just purchased the 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime on ebay for 70 bucks because I couldnt find him in the stores in my area. He is selling out that fast!!! I've done alot of reading about Opitmus Prime toy and some of the review's are good and some are bad depending on which version you buy. I bought the U.S version because I like the battle damage look. It gives Optimus the wear and tear that he should have after all those battles with Megatron, who we all know got his butt handed to him every time. I hear complaints about the short smoke stacks and I say who cares?! This is the best looking Optimus I've ever seen. And there is also complaints that parts fall off him when you transform him. Well all I can say is be careful and patient and that wont happen and most important follow the instructions. When I get my Optimus I wont be doing much of the transforming thing anyway, he will be put in a display case and thats where he will stay because for 70 bucks he wont be played with. Optimus was my all time favorite of the Transformers and its nice to see a good rendition of him so my hats off to Hasboro. Hopefully they will make more of the legendary Transformers like this in the future.

:usa

Sideswipe vs. Smokescreen

Shino
    By Shino,

I have a Alt Smokescreen and I LOVE him. Favorite transformer but his darn transformation from bot to car is a little tough in the leg department.

Of what Ive seen of Sideswipe he doesnt impress me a bit. Looks like he has a belly and the doors on his arms look bad to me.

Anyway, what do you guys think of these two guys (pros and cons) and which do you think is better?

First In-Box Image of SL Galvatron

Silverbolt
    By Silverbolt,

Netboy brings us the first image of SL Galvatron, in package. You can see the differences are not only in size, but in color shades as well, especially in the blue paint apps and green energon parts.

post-27-1077667001.jpg

would rumble and frenzee be cool altenators?

insideoutjesus
    By insideoutjesus,

i was just thinkin the other day about what if rumble and frenzee were like tuned out ford focus's then maybe soundwave could be like a stereo competion car like for rockford or jl audio eh i don't know what do you guyz think?

post-26-1077666026.jpg

20th Anniv. - Ironhide

Josh
    By Josh,

http://www.deviantart.com/view/5460091/

Image by Studio Nouveaux

Pencils/Inks by LittleIron

Colors by Josh

Celebrating month 2 of the Transformers' 20th Anniversary!

Tidal Wave

robot roll call
    By robot roll call,

This weekend I am either going to get Prowl and Divebomb, or Energon Tidalwave. I want to know, is Tidalwave worth it? How poseable is he? does he stay put together well?

OPTIMUS PRIME THROUGH THE AGES

Damnit Dog
    By Damnit Dog,

:tflaugh

I just went over to the fan2fan.com and on their web page they have pictures of alot of primes heads, each different incarnation, but my problem is I dont recognize all the primes. Does anyone know where I can track down a complete list of primes that have been release, preferably with pictures?

I thought I had tracked down all the japanese and american versions of Optimus Prime, and was confuse when I saw the top banner.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Find Transformers on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE