Question for MP collectors - MP1 vs MP4

sgt__york

I am just curious.. from the various MP series collectors out there..

a) Is there ANY difference at all in the MP1 vs the prime that comes in the MP4 w/the trailer at all?

b) Do you like the MP Trailer from MP4 vs JustitToys trailer?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are rumors that mp1 was made with more durable plastic in the parts where there is plastic.. they say the same thing about the plastic in starscream, skywarp and walscream, which i have and can't tell that there is any significant difference in plastics, but never having seen either mp1 and mp4 i couldn't tell you, i've got 20 anniversary prime who i love with the slight battle damage..

i think a better question would be "which is the better trailer?".

my bud has the j-i-t trailer and its good for what it is. you have to know that it doesn't split and open like the g1 whereas the authentic one does. the j I t version makes a decent display but only to sit behind the truck in alt mode. the tt fully opens and is really the MP version to get IMO.

*still cries for roller*

there are rumors that mp1 was made with more durable plastic in the parts where there is plastic.. they say the same thing about the plastic in starscream, skywarp and walscream, which i have and can't tell that there is any significant difference in plastics, but never having seen either mp1 and mp4 i couldn't tell you, i've got 20 anniversary prime who i love with the slight battle damage..

i think a better question would be "which is the better trailer?".

uh.. that was question #2 regarding the trailer.

I actually have MP-01, and i'm curious about getting MP-04 or not. So i'm curious if there is ANY difference at all in the Primes. And the reviews I remember reading awhile back seemed to suggest the JIT trailer was actually a better display piece. Granted, there is the issue of it not opening. However, the JIT trailer can hold a BT/ALT vehicle in it, and I remember someone saying the MP-4 trailer cannot. There were various other differences as well. But in the end, if you want to talk 'value' I would think over time the JIT would become purely a KO while the official MP-4 will stand the test of time due to manufacturer name alone.

I would just find other MP collectors opinions interesting on the subject - both differences in Prime and Trailer discussions.

right, i was seconding your question.

the accessories between primes vary, primes blaster are either black or grey depending on whick on you get, as do the wrist comunicator pictures, mp4 has grimlock and megatron while mp1 has starscream and bumblebee i think.

http://seibertron.com/transformers/toys/ma...ime/1140/1/151/

right, i was seconding your question.

the accessories between primes vary, primes blaster are either black or grey depending on whick on you get, as do the wrist comunicator pictures, mp4 has grimlock and megatron while mp1 has starscream and bumblebee i think.

http://seibertron.com/transformers/toys/ma...ime/1140/1/151/

huh??? sorry, confused. MP1 has what to do with starscream and bumblebee??

on his arm panels that open like the communicator he used in the show.

apparently they have different pics. I never noticed that.

Archived