Which one is better.. ?? Takara MP-01 or MP-04 Optimus Prime ???

Escargot

Elo there..

Are there any differences between these two optimus primes except the trailer...?

I mean do they have the same size and material... ? and also I wanna ask you something about this new encore line of Takara transformers..

Do they have the same size (height and all..) and materials as in the "masterpiece" line.. ??? same quality ???

I had like 3 takara figures (optimus prime, megatron and soundwave) in the past and they all extinct.. :( I miss them deeply so recentley I bought the revoltech optimus and megatron (loved em btw) and I am just going mad about takara ones again..

So I can buy encore optimus like 60 70 dolars.. but the masterpiece ones are like between 300 - 500 dolars..

can you please compare the differences between masterpiece line and takara line..?

and if mp line is better.. should I buy MP-04 Optimus Prime or MP-01 Optimus Prime... ???

mp04 all the way.

it's like g1 OP grew up with you. if you can't afford mp04, at least get mp01, even lacking the trailer he's great.

as for which is better, takara vs hasbro (with mp01 vs 20th OP/DVD OP), if you get a 20th anni OP (the first hasbro release) you get the gun in the proper color as well as nifty scorch marks (some don't like them, some do either way you can remove them with a bit of elbow grease) and you can buy a good set of long replacement stacks from A3U which come with instructions on how to replace them, they're SUPER easy to replace. if you get mp01 you get a clean prime, long stacks, cardboard trailer, but a gray gun. if you get DVD OP (second hasbro release) you get a really nice anime paint scheme, a nice looking base, but the base features some random guy speaking prime lines, and unfortunately he comes with a blue gun. all 4 versions also come with an energon axe as well as a non-transforming megatron pistol (that is also compatible with master piece starscream), and feature flip out communicators, realistic looking shocks, working suspension, light up matrix, and a move-able mouthplate.

so, theres your options, mp04 is mp01 with a transforming trailer modeled after the original so obviously it's the trump of the 4 choices. encore is great for nostalgia and price purposes, but mp04 should give your nostalgia a kick in the nuts like the encore release never could. it's the OP you dreamed of as a kid, and to be honest you'll feel like a kid again when you open him up and transform him, esp if you go the extra step and get the mp04. he might be missing old roller, but the energon axe, megatron pistol, and all the other extra little goodies more than make up for it.

Thanks for getting a little more in depth Buddy killer, all I had time to do was post the pics. IMHO the 20th anniv DVD Prime looks TERRIBLE. The blue is too bright and the red actually looks orange if you ever see it in person. Reminds me of a chinese knockoff. What I have in the pic is a Hasbro Prime with replacement smokestacks and the Delanj trailer I ordered off of Ebay.

Another MP vs Encore...

You mean 20th Anniv. vs Comemorative Edition... let's not confuse Hasbro's craptacular neutered versions with Takara's.

to each his own, as stated before i actually like the smudged up battle damaged look of 20th anni. the stacks might have been shortened, but at least they got the blaster the right color (for the most part) :P

So I can buy encore optimus like 60 70 dolars.. but the masterpiece ones are like between 300 - 500 dolars..

can you please compare the differences between masterpiece line and takara line..?

and if mp line is better..

You should never pay that much for an MP Prime. If you head over to RobotKingdom They've got MP-04 on sale for $200 plus shipping.

should I buy MP-04 Optimus Prime or MP-01 Optimus Prime... ???

That can be a difficult decision to make. Since MP-1 is out of production now he can get fairly pricey and you'll be lucky to find one under $200. On the other hand now that MP-4 has begun to be reissued he seems like the obvious choice, but he has big QC issues. He's prone to misaligned doors, paint chipping and weak limbs that can easily pop off. I myself just recently bought an MP-4 from RobotKingdom and lucked out with him. He is perfectly fine despite some slight chipping on the top of his right door. I'm not sure how he would fair in transforming since I haven't done so and don't plan to. If you want my advice personally, grab and MP-4 from RobotKingdom or another joint which is selling the reissued MP-4. It's only a hunch, but I think Takara have strived for slightly better QC with his second run.

first of all I wanna thank all of you guys for your replies & advices..

And as far as I can see from the reviews in youtube and in some web sites; the takara wers. of prime is definetly cooler than the hasbro wersion...

and between takara's masterpiece line and encore line there is a huge size difference and also I believe the quality is better in the MP line.. but still the encore's prices are very low so they really look like "a must buy"..

I'm live in Turkey, Istanbul so I am thinking about ordering MP-04 from bigbadtoystore.com.

do u guys have any feedback from that web side.. ?

Thanks once again...

Archived