Classics/Universe Ultra Magnus

**VPrime**

I made this custom for the "In Honor of Vector" contest over TFW2005. It's made from a RID Optimus Prime. Ladder was replaced by Cyb Defense Red Alert's rocket to make the vehicle mode a rocket transporter/carrier. Color scheme for Magnus is based on Vector's Alt Magnus custom. Ultra Magnus is of course based on G1 colors. I also modded the chest to make it look more Ultra Magnus and replaced the head with a Hydrospanned (and modded) Energon Superion head. Oh, you may notice some of the pics of UM lacks the yellow highlights. I added the yellow after I took the initial pics.

Edit: Saw a base mode for the RID OP on TFU so I played around with it and came up with base/rocket launch pad mode. Pics below.

MagnusvehAall.jpg

MagnusbotAall2.jpg

MagnuslaunchAall.jpg

MagnusultraAall3.jpg

MagnusultraA14.jpg

MagnusbigultraA21.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Magnus bash in a while that hasn't been one long struggle with the trailer-armour conundrum. Good job :thumb

Very Very cool. Definatly one of the best Magnus kitbashes I've seen in a while.

Heh, maybe you should try reworking RID Magnus into a Prime so you can have some sort of inverse Omega Prime.

A perfect mold for a Magnus bash that never occurred to me before. :thumb

Same here. Had really never thought of this as Ultra Magnus (was immediately thinking of Defensor), but never of Magnus. But the mold works perfectly for Magnus.

Looks extremely good.

My only problem (and it's a very slight one) is with the altmode. With the front being al white and the second half all blue and red, they don't seem to belong together. But they should because there really part of the same truck and can't operate without the other half. I think maybe a (thin) blue line continuing from the aft part over the white cab would help making the truck more look like a single piece. The missile being white helps some for the aft part, but the front really looks too much like a seperate piece.

But as I said, it's only a small problem. He looks effing amazing. Great idea of using him and a great execution :thumb

Archived