how to

Compressed air, and I find that those swifer cloth things are pretty good too.  But I rearrange and play with them to often for seriouse dust to gather on any of my guys.  For serious cleaning and restoring though I find that a cloth with a very small amount of goo gone and then another damp cloth with jsut water followed by a dry cloth, all microfiber, is good for getting built in gunk off prior to touch up painting and repro label applying.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in the original boxes.  No problem cleaning that way. :)

That idea is about appealing to me as putting plastic on the couch to stick to your legs each time you sit down... or putting plastic runners on the carpet to walk on..

For the person into resale, I understand that approach. I like to ADMIRE them myself, but not play with them much. They would be lucky to get transformed at all once posed. However, keeping them in the box to me is to feel DETACHED, like they are still in the store. I much prefer to see them posed and on DISPLAY.

But in doing so - Dust IS a serious issue. I noticed in another thread, someone used Fishtanks to make displays. I rather wondered how well this keeps the dust dow - and if an internal LIGHT put in them would harm them at all (ie, discoloring or such)???

I realize some have discussed WAYS of dusting - but are there really any good ideas for making displays that seriously reduce the Dust issues and still create a nice display appearance?? I like the idea of a curio, but the ones I have seen definately don't help keep dust out at all. Ideas, links or pictures for some dust-reduction ideas that make great displays????

afa = action figure association

i think

they grade toys misb and place them in big plastic see through containers to avoid further damage

i keep my alts and 20th prime in a cabinet. this ensures i can see them and access them when i want but also stops them from getting too dusty

the others reside in my bedroom and most live in several boxes out of the way.

as for cleaning i use cotton buds to get to all the places i need

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

what i do since i take pride in over 7,000$ in robots from G1 to masterpiece is use a synthetic cotton

brusher/duster , and make sure that there is no moisture in the area

These people never learn. They complain about the toy breaking, the stickers or paint coming off, can't clean this or that, then yell at collectors like US who DON'T have these problems because we keep them in the box.  :tflaugh

well that would be a good response if the collection was just down to misb material, but a true collector either has a untouched collection and/or other pieces that just have to come out of the box, most autobots and decepticons look better in person

Archived