It's Been A Year!

Autobot Hearse

Okay....Transformers: The Movie has been out for a year...

The toys are phasing out...

The sequel's well into production...

How do you feel, now that the 'newness' is over?

Is it still awesome?

Do you feel bad for all of your pre-movie Baybashing?

Are the bot design aesthetics not as bad as they started?

Is it still worth having seen 8 times in theaters? :redface

Was it great at first, but is crap now?

Was it crap at first, but is great now?

Does Prime Collector still despise the movie more than the rest of us love it combined?

I still love it. Alot. It made Transformers 'real' to me. Ever since I started loving Transformers, I've always wanted to see what they'd be like live action. This movie did it for me. It affirmed my addiction to these things....actually, it STRENGTHENED it.

Feel free to criticize the movie, but please....let people have their opinions. And keep it constructive. No ''OMFG THIS MOVIE SUCKED!!!!!!1!!!ONE!!!'' WHY did it suck?

:awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I'm not sure how or why that would make someone not want to see it.

It made TONS of money - which is only relevant in that it proves two things:

1) The film, while not Shakespear by anymeans was watchable, and enjoyable by most people's standards.

2) By bringing the franchise "to life", Spielberg and Bay certainly didn't ruin or tarnish the name of "Transformers".

It would seem to me that even the most casual TF fan would be at least vaguely interested in seeing how the film turned out.

For my part - I love the film for what it was. I know it wasn't as GREAT as it felt when I first saw it - but I don't deny or apologize for my enthusiasm last summer.

I am looking forward to seeing #2! :thumb

1) The film, while not Shakespear by anymeans was watchable, and enjoyable by most people's standards.

2) By bringing the franchise "to life", Spielberg and Bay certainly didn't ruin or tarnish the name of "Transformers".

It would seem to me that even the most casual TF fan would be at least vaguely interested in seeing how the film turned out.

:pfx

One year later and it's still :awsum

One year later:

Still :awsum .

Took it with me on a recent vacation and my cousin and I watched. It was her first time seeing the film.

I'll agree, there were some points that could have been a little better, but overall, a great film.

The look was a very original take on the Transformers vs. the traditional look that they usually get being 100% humanoid. Megatron was the most alien looking, but still awsome at the same time. They did acknowledge the fans of the franchise in that Prime had a more than decent traditional look to him, and the fact that Cullen voiced him rocked.

Am I looking forward to number 2 to the point of being able and willing to see it opening night...absolutely.

And the toys were pretty decent to boot, just wish they'd given Ratchet his blaster instead of that stupid little butterfly axe. The spinning saws were not a problem...thanks roboraptor. They're a great little addition to Ratchet.

For my part - I love the film for what it was. I know it wasn't as GREAT as it felt when I first saw it - but I don't deny or apologize for my enthusiasm last summer.

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

I can't say that my desire to see it has changed after a year, either. Heh.

I thought the movie was decent. Not great, but watchable and entertaining. A little too goofball at times, but otherwise decent as I said.

What's really important for me was it got me back into TFs collecting. I'm already running out of shelf space and having to plan trips to Lowes for more shelving units!

Archived