• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#1 Autobot Hearse

Autobot Hearse

Forum Member

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

Okay....Transformers: The Movie has been out for a year...
The toys are phasing out...
The sequel's well into production...

How do you feel, now that the 'newness' is over?

Is it still awesome?
Do you feel bad for all of your pre-movie Baybashing?
Are the bot design aesthetics not as bad as they started?
Is it still worth having seen 8 times in theaters? :redface
Was it great at first, but is crap now?
Was it crap at first, but is great now?
Does Prime Collector still despise the movie more than the rest of us love it combined?

I still love it. Alot. It made Transformers 'real' to me. Ever since I started loving Transformers, I've always wanted to see what they'd be like live action. This movie did it for me. It affirmed my addiction to these things....actually, it STRENGTHENED it.

Feel free to criticize the movie, but please....let people have their opinions. And keep it constructive. No ''OMFG THIS MOVIE SUCKED!!!!!!1!!!ONE!!!'' WHY did it suck?

:awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum :awsum

#2 Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime

Forum Member

• Members
  • 7,953 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 06:59 PM

Flawed, but still awesome.

#3 Glue

Glue

The Insect L O V E Train

• Members
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

Nope, still ain't seen it. Nope, never gonna.

#4 Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose

Forum Member

• Members
  • 9,412 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

:eek
Really? Why not?

#5 Glue

Glue

The Insect L O V E Train

• Members
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:11 PM

:eek
Really? Why not?

Lost interest, particularly after all the arguments on this forum.

#6 Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose

Forum Member

• Members
  • 9,412 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:16 PM

I guess I'm not sure how or why that would make someone not want to see it.
It made TONS of money - which is only relevant in that it proves two things:

1) The film, while not Shakespear by anymeans was watchable, and enjoyable by most people's standards.
2) By bringing the franchise "to life", Spielberg and Bay certainly didn't ruin or tarnish the name of "Transformers".

It would seem to me that even the most casual TF fan would be at least vaguely interested in seeing how the film turned out.

For my part - I love the film for what it was. I know it wasn't as GREAT as it felt when I first saw it - but I don't deny or apologize for my enthusiasm last summer.

I am looking forward to seeing #2! :thumb

#7 Agent Zero

Agent Zero

nec dextrorsum, nec sinistrorsum

• Members
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

1) The film, while not Shakespear by anymeans was watchable, and enjoyable by most people's standards.
2) By bringing the franchise "to life", Spielberg and Bay certainly didn't ruin or tarnish the name of "Transformers".

It would seem to me that even the most casual TF fan would be at least vaguely interested in seeing how the film turned out.

:pfx

One year later and it's still :awsum

#8 masterminicon

masterminicon

I rule the world of the Mini-Cons! Mwahahahahaha!

• Members
  • 5,340 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

One year later:

Still :awsum .

Took it with me on a recent vacation and my cousin and I watched. It was her first time seeing the film.

I'll agree, there were some points that could have been a little better, but overall, a great film.

The look was a very original take on the Transformers vs. the traditional look that they usually get being 100% humanoid. Megatron was the most alien looking, but still awsome at the same time. They did acknowledge the fans of the franchise in that Prime had a more than decent traditional look to him, and the fact that Cullen voiced him rocked.

Am I looking forward to number 2 to the point of being able and willing to see it opening night...absolutely.

And the toys were pretty decent to boot, just wish they'd given Ratchet his blaster instead of that stupid little butterfly axe. The spinning saws were not a problem...thanks roboraptor. They're a great little addition to Ratchet.

#9 Glue

Glue

The Insect L O V E Train

• Members
  • 3,084 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:34 PM

For my part - I love the film for what it was. I know it wasn't as GREAT as it felt when I first saw it - but I don't deny or apologize for my enthusiasm last summer.

Glad you enjoyed it. :)
I can't say that my desire to see it has changed after a year, either. Heh.

#10 Firebrandx

Firebrandx

Forum Member

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:39 PM

I thought the movie was decent. Not great, but watchable and entertaining. A little too goofball at times, but otherwise decent as I said.

What's really important for me was it got me back into TFs collecting. I'm already running out of shelf space and having to plan trips to Lowes for more shelving units!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us