• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Ptitvite

Ptitvite

Forum Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:25 PM

Since I started kitbashing my ultimate goal was to have a freakin awesome Devastator that would at least have some cartoon accuracy in it. Well, after two years of waiting, thinking, and buying TF's, I had come up with an idea that would make this possible.

When Primus came out I found that he was the answer to Unicron's oversized forearms and hands. I also had problems finding a cement truck TF and, for a minute, I thought Cybertron Quickmix was the answer. Then I realized he was way too big to fit with Landmine. So anyways, it took me just about six months to do this guy. Working on a combiner is tuff! This is also my first trial at blackwash. I did this so that they would not look too clean.

So to catalog things:

RID Built Team or Universe Devastator, Cybertron Landmine, Energon Demolisher.
Energon Barricade used as base figures.

Devastator head is sculpted from a Supreme Starscream head (donated from Hoolagrin) and holds with a balljoint

Shield is from RID Ultra Magnus's knee and a KO Dev shield.

Forearms are from Cyb Primus

Upper legs and crotch are from Unicron and used E Sledge and Duststorm for the combiner ports (Dev's knees).

The key word of this bash would be aesthetics. Yes, as much as I wanted Devastator to be G1 accurate, I wanted his aesthetics to be toon style. Aesthetics is probably the biggest challenge when doing a combiner, but I think I succeeded in a good way. The proportions couldn't have been better, and the combined mode does not suffer from lost articulation. Being 14.5 inches tall and pretty heavy, he is in need of a display base that would make sure he does not fall down.

Enjoy!"

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Ptitvite, 02 July 2008 - 07:44 PM.

#2 DarkNarcoleptic

DarkNarcoleptic

Known also as DarkNarcoleptic, folks

• Banned
  • 14,458 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 07:39 PM

Cool!

#3 zero1312

zero1312

Badass robot without quirks!!!

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:06 PM

This i s going to be sweet!!!!! :tfgrin

#4 Zeru64

Zeru64

Forum Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

nice custom, but it must be said

WHEEL BOOBS!

sorry, just had to get that out of the way >_>

#5 Ptitvite

Ptitvite

Forum Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:09 PM

nice custom, but it must be said

WHEEL BOOBS!

sorry, just had to get that out of the way >_>

lol :blaugh
I did'nt make his chest shield yet but I understand your concern! I need to make one asap!

#6 Zeru64

Zeru64

Forum Member

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

yay

i thought i as going to get yelled at <_<

great custom there...what TF's did you use?

#7 Supreme_Megatron

Supreme_Megatron

Imperator

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:53 PM

Noice!

#8 M E T A L O G A N

M E T A L O G A N

Forum Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:15 AM

very very very good! i was getting bored at all these Movie-Line repaints - G1 / Classics OWNS ALL !

#9 Jin Saotome

Jin Saotome

Forum Member

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:39 AM

Woah! Really, REALLY looking forward to this one! I had a similar idea with Longrack and Quickmix from the Energon/cybertron series. Just never did anything with them because I wasn't familiar enough with the other TFs that could make up Dev.

#10 Ptitvite

Ptitvite

Forum Member

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:31 AM

Thanks people!
All these comments are like energon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us