• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

Just another anchovie on the pizza of life

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 04:34 PM

I just installed a digital PBX network at my work office. It replaced a POS Toshiba Strata analog system that was outdated back in... um... 1998. Anyhow, one of the features of this new digital system is that there is an audio in jack so we can pipe in music or what not. I want to homeshop a CD with some instrumental music and do little 30sec bumpers plugging the business. No sweat.

The problem is, I am having a hard time finding either a CD or a mp3 player with a continuous loop feature. I need something that will play the media over and over and over again without being monitored. All the ones I've seen so far have a repeat, which only works once. I don't want to go back to the cabinet and reset the player every 2hrs, as most times I'm so busy I forget. Here's what I'm looking for:

1) CD (preferably) or mp3 Player
2) Must have a DC input or an AC source (120V/60Hz)
3) Must have an AUX or Audio Out jack
4) Must have continuous playback (repeat has a symbol of a U shaped arrow, continous loop has a symbol of an arrow
going in a complete circle)

Anyone got ideas before I start hitting thrift and pawn shops? I really don't want to pay $300+ for an .eof playback system.

#2 Buddykiller

Buddykiller

Forum Member

• Members
  • 5,545 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

I just installed a digital PBX network at my work office. It replaced a POS Toshiba Strata analog system that was outdated back in... um... 1998. Anyhow, one of the features of this new digital system is that there is an audio in jack so we can pipe in music or what not. I want to homeshop a CD with some instrumental music and do little 30sec bumpers plugging the business. No sweat.

The problem is, I am having a hard time finding either a CD or a mp3 player with a continuous loop feature. I need something that will play the media over and over and over again without being monitored. All the ones I've seen so far have a repeat, which only works once. I don't want to go back to the cabinet and reset the player every 2hrs, as most times I'm so busy I forget. Here's what I'm looking for:

1) CD (preferably) or mp3 Player
2) Must have a DC input or an AC source (120V/60Hz)
3) Must have an AUX or Audio Out jack
4) Must have continuous playback (repeat has a symbol of a U shaped arrow, continous loop has a symbol of an arrow
going in a complete circle)

Anyone got ideas before I start hitting thrift and pawn shops? I really don't want to pay $300+ for an .eof playback system.

any portable cd player should have a continuous repeat system, and an auxiliary out (if they don't, just set the disc players volume to half)..

1.) go to a yard sale or flea market
2.) find a personal cd player
3.) make sure it works
4.) go to radio shack
5.) get a male to male Y adapter (they're maybe 6 bucks for gold coated, they take the headphone out and converts it to component rca cable, if your really cheap you can just make one yourself).
6.) hook it all up
7.) ???
8.) Profit!

really simple stuffs, even my wife's cd player from walmart had both a single repeat and continuous loop option. if you can't find that just getcha a simple boombox with the same option. it'll work the same as the cd player, if there isn't an auxiliary out option just plug it into the headphone jack and turn the volume to half. i'm used to jimmy rigging stuff like this together >_>

#3 THE STIG

THE STIG

all we know is, he's called the stig

• Validating
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:14 AM

sony walkman? i remember the older cd/mp3 players had them... im pretty sure the newer ones have the same feature... its got everything ur lookin for... plus its portable?? some sony walkman cd/mp3 players even have a radio feature... or listen to tv channels. *seriouly, my sonly walkman was this Blot till i lost it somewhere in france. :redface *

#4 ROSEDOGGYDOG

ROSEDOGGYDOG

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

:pfx to both.

#5 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

Just another anchovie on the pizza of life

• Members
  • 6,795 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:15 AM

I thought that too. Bought a portable CD player, set it on loop and 2hrs later... it stopped. The thing I noticed is that repeat symbol. All the new ones only have a half-circle with the arrow. The one I'm looking for has a full oval with a circle, which is the loop function. I'll keep looking though. Found a professional model for like $180, screw that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us