• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 saberwolf

saberwolf

Forum Member

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:51 AM

people i dont know if i am entirely remembering this right but way back inthe early early 1980's somewhere between their and the early mid 1980's wasn't their at one point a transforming popmachine commercial?

like i said my memmory is a little fuzzy but i could have sworn that back in the day at one point there was a pop machine commercial that showed this old mom and pop style food store getting closed down and locked up for the night and as the lights were shut off for the night in one room it showed these popmachines lined up against one wall that as the commercial reached it's end actually transformed into these pop machine robots.

does any of the older fans remember that commercial?

the reason i am asking that question is because at one point near the end ofthe live action movie as sam is running down the street holding the allspark cube in his hands it brings a full size pop machine to life that transforms into this pop machine robot that starts shoot pop cans at anybody and everybody in sight.

thats what made me remember that old transforming pop machine commercial.

im almost dead certain that scene from the movie was a homage of sorts to the commercial.

#2 siburke939

siburke939

Nintendo Wii Console Number Thingy: 6614-5473-7788-5154

• Members
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for the spoiler.

Really, thanks.

#3 Teh INTERNETS ^_^

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

Worship me

• Members
  • 7,674 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

Im glad I read siburke's reply first.
Wrong Forum BTW!

#4 deathknell

deathknell

Forum Member

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the spoiler.

Really, thanks.

I don't know what's worse...the spoiler? or the fact that he keeps calling it a POP machine when everybody knows it's called a Coke machine... ;)

Edited by deathknell, 07 July 2007 - 10:15 AM.

#5 siburke939

siburke939

Nintendo Wii Console Number Thingy: 6614-5473-7788-5154

• Members
  • 6,488 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

Half of the spoiler is in the title too. Could this PLEASE be edited/deleted?

#6 Blitz

Blitz

that other arty board member

• Members
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:05 PM

thanks for the spoiler... now remember just cuz its out in the US isnt a green light to spoil it for the rest of the world who still have to wait

#7 PuertoRiCON

PuertoRiCON

The Legend

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 04:52 PM

Thanks for the spoiler.

Really, thanks.

I don't know what's worse...the spoiler? or the fact that he keeps calling it a POP machine when everybody knows it's called a Coke machine... ;)

its actually a Soda machine but if you want to be specific it was MOUNTAIN DEW not COKE

#8 saberwolf

saberwolf

Forum Member

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

hey im just trying to rmeember that old commercianl cause for 1 thats what the scene reminded me of and for 2 i cant find that old commercial on youtube and for 3 my memmory is a little bit faulty man. sorry about the spoiler bit.

near as i can tell though that pop machine transformer was a homage to the commercial

#9 Guest_Primal-Convoy_*

Guest_Primal-Convoy_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:21 AM

hey im just trying to rmeember that old commercianl cause for 1 thats what the scene reminded me of and for 2 i cant find that old commercial on youtube and for 3 my memmory is a little bit faulty man. sorry about the spoiler bit.

near as i can tell though that pop machine transformer was a homage to the commercial

No, what you did was to to be selfish and ruin it for the rest of us who havent seen the movie.

Now be a god chap and apologize.

Its that simple Sabrewolf, old bean.

Chop chop

#10 ROSEDOGGYDOG

ROSEDOGGYDOG

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:11 AM

I thought it was just a nod at the promotion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us