• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 dreadpyrat

dreadpyrat

Forum Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:30 PM

Hi all, my first post here! Let me just get this ut of the way: I'm a huge transformers fan. I love Optimus Prime...almost in an unatural way. ;)

That being said, here's my first post, a question to all the hardcore fans. Maybe you can answer this for me...Google couldn't, neither could Jeeves.

Did the Transformers have an alphabet? Or has anyone created one based on the original show? By alphabet, I mean, do they have symbols for each of our alphabet letters? Star Wars has this with Aurabesh.
So is there one for Transformers? I'm thinknig of a little art project that would benefit from some cool lettering...

Thanks all, glad to be here!

#2 Optimus Prime Sucks

Optimus Prime Sucks

Forum Member

• Members
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 01:32 PM

I love Optimus Prime...almost in an unatural way. ;)

Ok, there's a scary thought....

Anyway, no, there's no "official" Transformers script or alphabet, as far as I know. In the "War Within" series, there were stylized English alphabet shown here and there, but that's it.

#3 ErikB

ErikB

Skakey Lazer

• Members
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:25 PM

yeah, I have never seen a TF alphabet. I't be nice to see one, the star wars ones was great.

#4 convoy676

convoy676

proud member of the jew-unit

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:33 PM

I've never heard of it. But that would be awesome if i could take transformer for a second language. :tfevil

#5 RUMBLEBEE

RUMBLEBEE

Forum Member

• Members
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:45 PM

I think they did.  In BEAST WARS they had a script that was able to be read by their eyes only, and I'm sure that any intelligent society has a written language, even if they don't really need it because of their machanical and computerized natures.  They were created to resemble and recipricate humanoid behavior in my minds eye, so why wouldnt they have a language structure and art and music as well.

I always wonder what their society is like especiallt since there are literally billions of Mechanoids on Cybertron and not everyone there would be part of a warring faction would they?  Who would be their celebrities?  What do they transform into?  Do they have also love and family structures?  I wonder if the movie will touch base on these ideas and explain more about Protoforms.

So many structural and phylosophical ideas come out of what makes a Machanical society.

#6 convoy676

convoy676

proud member of the jew-unit

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:54 PM

I think they did.  In BEAST WARS they had a script that was able to be read by their eyes only, and I'm sure that any intelligent society has a written language, even if they don't really need it because of their machanical and computerized natures.  They were created to resemble and recipricate humanoid behavior in my minds eye, so why wouldnt they have a language structure and art and music as well.

I always wonder what their society is like especiallt since there are literally billions of Mechanoids on Cybertron and not everyone there would be part of a warring faction would they?  Who would be their celebrities?  What do they transform into?  Do they have also love and family structures?  I wonder if the movie will touch base on these ideas and explain more about Protoforms.

So many structural and phylosophical ideas come out of what makes a Machanical society.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AHHHHHHHH TOO MANY QUESTION. My mind is about to explode!!!!!

#7 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Members
  • 9,118 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:18 PM

Aside from what was seen in Beast Wars, I think that was made up and wasn't specifically supposed to mean anything. I figured they just communicate in binary.

#8 Ccgp

Ccgp

Chojin Gattai! GOD GINRAI!

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:21 PM

They did have gladiators on Cybertron.  Megatron was the most famous one in fact.

#9 dreadpyrat

dreadpyrat

Forum Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 03:25 PM

I think they did.  In BEAST WARS they had a script that was able to be read by their eyes only

Reeeeally now! Anyone got a pic or something I could check out? If I see something cool, I can just make a font for it.

#10 prime idiot

prime idiot

"My name is Balls"

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 05:04 PM

Actually I have a whole shedload of fonts that you describe of. Quite cool found them on a website somewhere.

Say thankyou (and credit to the guy/s who created them).

:tfgrin

Edited by prime idiot, 15 July 2005 - 05:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us