Roberto Orci Talks About Next Transformers Animated Series and Transformer Prime's Story

BaCon

Screenshot-TFP%20Promo_Final_Revised_Com It is official! Transformers Prime is "sort of" not going away. According to an interview with Roberto Orci who talks with IGN about the Next Transformers cartoon series and how the Transformer Prime's story will factor into it. The good news is the old Prime series will continue as the new Transformers series with a more kid friendly tone that should include Optimus Prime and Megatron who will be carried on by Peter Cullen and Frank Welker. Read the details below.

View the full article

What's this guy talking about with statements like "as scared as Transformers Prime could make you," and wanting to make a version "a little more friendly to the family"...? My 7-year-old and I watched this together. Nothing scary about it...and what's more family than that? What's up with always dumbing things down, while simultaneously dumping on adult fans? Whether for us or the kids, WE are still the ones buying all the toys, DVDs, etc...listen to the customer!

Sounds like they shouldn't have ended it. :doh

Seriously, my 6 year old daughter and I watched this show every Friday and she loved it!!! So, what are we going to get, a CGI Transformers Animated? I liked the gritty reality of Transformers Prime. At the end of the day, it really did focus on family issues and that was what made it interesting to me. I don't get it sometimes!!

it just goes to show that Hasbro just doesn't get it, what was the point of transformers rescue bots?...there is you fing show for little kids.the next show should be continuing prime's theme and story instead of dumbing it down for little kids or so the "family" can watch. families did watch prime, i know me and my son watched it togeather..i swear they need to be kicked in the head!!

Ugh. I think that they're estimating that the children of today are as dumb as bricks or that the sensitivities of children's spirits are a lot more sallow and cannot take the more epic storytelling style but with that story, didn't they win a few Emmy's? They've given us something special in Transformers Prime that I don't think can or should be ignored; I really believe with as much story as they've left us to tell they should re-think what they're planning and keep telling the epic tale as they were doing it!

HUB, don't change anything except for the Subtitle TRANSFORMERS ......! I still want to know what'll happen with Airachnid after she runs out of Insecticons to eat and Starscream and Shockwaves eventual alliance.

it just goes to show that Hasbro just doesn't get it, what was the point of transformers rescue bots?...there is you fing show for little kids. the next show should be continuing prime's theme and story instead of dumbing it down for little kids or so the "family" can watch. families did watch prime, i know me and my son watched it togeather..i swear they need to be kicked in the head!!

Exactly! And yes, yes they do need to be kicked in the head!!

There are so many unanswered questions. Hopefully some of them will be answered in the Predacons Rising DVD!!

Sure hope so.

There's a Predicons Rising DVD?

Found it! And now my search begins. :D

There's a Predicons Rising DVD?

Found it! And now my search begins. :D

RIght cheer... :thumb

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Prime-Predacons-Rising-Blu-ray/dp/B00DOZNI6G/ref=tmm_blu_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1376201428&sr=8-1

Archived