• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BlackMagnus

BlackMagnus

Decepticon Elite Guard

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

According to Micheals Bays official website -http://michaelbay.com/ Marky Mark will be joining the cast of TF4 and coming back on from Bays latest, Pain and Gain. A teaser of the new logo has also been shown. Click the site above for all the details!

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 8, 2012) – After an exceptionally successful collaboration on the upcoming "Pain and Gain," Michael Bay has cast Academy Award®-nominee Mark Wahlberg in the highly anticipated "TRANSFORMERS 4." The film will hit theaters June 27th, 2014.

"Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on "Pain and Gain" and I'm so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers' legacy," said Bay.
Bay will direct the next installment in the "TRANSFORMERS" series, which begins shooting next spring. From Paramount Pictures, a division of Viacom, Inc., in association with Hasbro, the film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

Bay's first "TRANSFORMERS" film was a box office sensation in 2007, opening at #1 and earning more than $700 million worldwide. His second installment "TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN" in 2009 grossed more than $830 million worldwide. In 2011, "TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON" was an even bigger hit worldwide, grossing more than a billion dollars to become the 5th highest grossing film of all time. To date, the franchise has earned more than $2.6 billion worldwide.

So it has officially been confirmed for the first cast member to join the ranks of the Autobots (or Deceptiocns), so keep it tuned to TFormers for all your movie and toy related updates!

Edited by BlackMagnus, 09 November 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#2 Hellscream85

Hellscream85

NOOB of no reputation!

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Meh, I probably could have seen Wahlberg voicing Hotrod, not being one of the central humans

#3 ShellformerV1

ShellformerV1

I've Just GOTTA Have Another Lecter Burger!

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'm a little more excited about this than I should be. I should know better. I've seen Wahlberg in Planet of The Apes, so I know he can churn out a s****y movie just as easily as Magic Mike can. And yet, something tells me this might just be good, to refresh the series and add a higher caliber of actor with regards to the Man Mountain Shia LaBeouf.

Still holding out hope that they cast Michelle Trachtenberg at some point. If Bay does this, I will lie and tell everyone I meet for one full calendar year that ALL of Michael Bay's movies are excellent.

Umm, maybe I should rethink that...I just lost 88 liver cells just typing that out.

#4 Bubbah

Bubbah

The Dirty Scout

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

I'm a little more excited about this than I should be. I should know better. I've seen Wahlberg in Planet of The Apes, so I know he can churn out a s****y movie just as easily as Magic Mike can. And yet, something tells me this might just be good, to refresh the series and add a higher caliber of actor with regards to the Man Mountain Shia LaBeouf.

Still holding out hope that they cast Michelle Trachtenberg at some point. If Bay does this, I will lie and tell everyone I meet for one full calendar year that ALL of Michael Bay's movies are excellent.

Umm, maybe I should rethink that...I just lost 88 liver cells just typing that out.

Lmao ... I hear ya man! I'd be more than ok seeing her in there!

As for the news, Marky Mark is ok, I've seen some garbage he's done, but I've also seen some really good stuff he's done. I'm more annoyed by the logo than anything else ... That thing stinks!

#5 Jason X

Jason X

Jumpstarter

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

They can have whatever logo they want as long as they don't start calling it "Trans4mers".
And I like Mark Wahlberg. The Big Hit has always been a favorite movie of mine....

#6 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Members
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

They can have whatever logo they want as long as they don't start calling it "Trans4mers".

They will now... thanks. :tfpwn

#7 ShellformerV1

ShellformerV1

I've Just GOTTA Have Another Lecter Burger!

• Members
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

And I like Mark Wahlberg. The Big Hit has always been a favorite movie of mine....

I'm with Tripredacus, X. You've as good as killed us.

#8 Jason X

Jason X

Jumpstarter

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

I figured it was inevitable. At least it was a friend that pulled the trigger :P

#9 Breaker

Breaker

F Plus Duck Minus D Yourself

• Members
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:24 PM

Finally! An actor. No offense to Shia but a 4th movie with him would've just been too much. Plus it helps I'm a sucker for Mark Wahlberg.

#10 BaCon

BaCon

Till all are one

• Admin
  • 9,684 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

I get the impression Bay knows he's lost his audience. He would not be talking up a fresh new angle if he didn't. For me, Wahlberg is an uninspired choice that suggests more candy-ass antics to come. I wanna see a Jason Statham or someone real edgy and serious like that on board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us