• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

Just another anchovie on the pizza of life

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

After 6 years of contributing reviews for TFormers.com, I have handed in my resignation. In the last year, my passion has waned a bit and I've found it harder and harder to do a quality review. I don't think it is fair to the fandom that I continue writing reviews when only half my heart is into it. I appreciate all the support that the members here have given in those 6 years. I am confident that someone will be able to continue providing the members here with quality reviews of your favorite figures.

I will continue to serve as a staff member and moderator and am here to help where I can. Again, I appreciate all your past support.

#2 puma

puma

Forum Member

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

:tfsad i'll miss your reviews.

#3 ShellformerV1

ShellformerV1

I've Just GOTTA Have Another Lecter Burger!

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Your reviews will be sorely missed. There's no review quite like a Blitz-Wing review.

#4 Noisemaze75

Noisemaze75

put them in the iron maiden.....iron maiden??...excellent!&#

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

that sucks...your reviews are the first ones i read and look at when debating on whether or not to buy a figure....youve helped me dodge more than one bullet...thanks for all the great reviews man...

#5 Lord_Onslaught

Lord_Onslaught

Megatron Bows To ME!

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

You will be back :P

#6 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

Appreciate the comments. It was hard to write some of the DOTM reviews and I can't say I'm totally enamored by the Prime figures. I think I made my decision when I picked up Knockout. Totally crap robot mode, can't stay together worth a damn. Plus I read back some of my recent reviews and realized they made for dry reading.

I reflected on how I started writing reviews. When I first started following forums back in 2005 and visited the news site, I read some of the reviews and thought "Hell, I can do better than that!" Now, I read other reviews and think "Damn, they're better than mine!" Like I said, it's been a good ride. My priorities in life are changing though. I need to stabilize some things and get serious. I'm almost 37 FFS. :rofl

#7 Breaker

Breaker

F Plus Duck Minus D Yourself

• Members
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:35 AM

It's a review and in yours it states all the things we want to know before we spend any money. Whether or not they are dry don't matter. I never read them like that and have always found them useful. Both in deciding what figures I want and confirming suspicions I have about others.

They'll be sorely missed but at least you'll still be around.

#8 Psy-Dis

Psy-Dis

\Psycho(tic)-Dist]o[rtion/

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:28 AM

I always thought your review were great. Too bad you decided to quit, but completely understandable

#9 TheTfboy

TheTfboy

27 years and still going on strong!

• Members
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

This is just too bad. I really liked the reviews, even though you said they were "going dry" ( Which it was probably the figures that were going dry. :P )

As for who can replace you. That's going to be hard to do, especially because you live in CA and you're the first to get these Tf Figures. :P

#10 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Not lately. I have to say with gas prices above $4/gal, it was getting harder for me to justify the hunt as well. No sign of Starscream or Bulkhead Voyagers around here, but I have seen sighting reports elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us