• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

Just another anchovie on the pizza of life

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

The only one to get Otomo's thumbs up too.

#2 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Members
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

You beat me to posting this. Its not a perfect replica I don't think. It doesn't seem "fold" when dismounting like in the movie.

#3 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

Just another anchovie on the pizza of life

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

It's been so long since I've seen Akira I'd have to watch again to see just how perfect it is. Being it's an anime bike, I doubt it could ever be 100%

#4 Shadowpanther

Shadowpanther

Forum Member

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

I just saw the pic. the first thing that came to mind was, "wow it's impossible to fall off that thing,due the cage like structure around the driver.

I don't like the design. the whole point behind a motorcycle is it's coolness factor. having a inner lower seat with a cage structure around the driver takes away the coolness & edgy factor. the thing looks like a hyped up scooter

I can only imagine with the inner seat being so low to the ground. it can't be safe to ride this thing,as the driver is literally a few inches away from the ground. being that the inner seat is so low,the driver must feel every bump,pot hole & crack on the street. nothing about this looks like a safe nor pratical design. i'm sure those puffed out extended hub caps on the wheels must cause some serious friction when the wheels spin/run.

Edited by Shadowpanther, 11 April 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#5 TheTfboy

TheTfboy

27 years and still going on strong!

• Members
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

I don't like the design. the whole point behind a motorcycle is it's coolness factor. having a inner lower seat with a cage structure around the driver takes away the coolness & edgy factor. the thing looks like a hyped up scooter

:roll :BS

#6 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Members
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Another thing regarding the accuracy of it. In the video, you can hear the put-put-put of the gas engine. I am fairly certain that Kaneda's bike was an electric one, at least judging by the sounds it made.

#7 W13

W13

Forum Member

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:54 AM

"The motorcycle, which took Teshima over seven years and 10 million yen ($121,000 USD) to build" - That sounds like incredibly overpriced! And 7 years?! Maybe all the money went to his living expenses for 7 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us