Photo
- - - - -

The Hub gets rids of some live sitcom shows & replaces them with different sitcom shows,starting 04/02/2012 at 9 PM

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowpanther

Shadowpanther

Forum Member

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

The Hub gets rids of some live sitcom shows & replaces them with different sitcom shows,starting 04/02/2012 at 9 PM

Doogie Howser MD,The wonder years & Family ties get the AX/Removed/cancelled from the Hub Network. I never cared for these shows for the following reasons: (1) Doogie howser's guy friend vinny is just creepy,weird & too overly perverted. doogie & his family/friends are lame/booring/lackluster. (2)The wonder years is just a extremly depressing,outdated & horrible sitcom show even for the 1980's. I'm not a fan of kids/kevin arnorld with mental disorders that talk to themselves & narrate the entire episode. yeah I know it was a older guy narrating his younger years but it's still creepy,morbid & depressing. (3)Family ties was a decent show in the early 1980's. but today it's just extremly outdated,corny,cheesy & awful. what's worse this series got worse & worse with every passing season.

Mork & mindy,facts of life & sabrina the teenage witch get added to the Hub Network starting at 9PM on april 2,2012.
(1)Sabrina the teenage witch is a awesome show. it's fresh,funny,has beautiful girls/women in it. it's timeless,decent stories.
(2)mork & mindy,I suspose it makes sense airing this show on the hub. as the hub has happy days & laverne & shirley. all three shows exist in the same universe & were spin off's from happy days. not a fan of the show,but it's gotta be better than doogie howswer & the wonder years. (3)facts of life,I don't like this show. I had a crush on blair,when I was a kid,I thought she was the most hottest thing ever. I always though natalie & joe were ugly & repulsive looking in looks & persona. tootie was decent in looks & persona. it's a weird show,that is just crazy & not one of my favorites.

The shows I want & think would do decent on the Hub is as follows: (1)Perfect strangers (2) gilligans island (3) Family matters
(4)various different star trek series. start with the classic star trek show,then keep rotating it out with newer star trek show like the next generation,voyager,deep space nine & enterprize. (5)everybody loves ramond (6) friends (7)seindfield (8)home improvement (9)Xena warrior princess,lucy lawless was so hott. love to see her again in this series. (10 Buffy the Vampire slayer,another show full of beautiful women. loved the dark nightmarish vampire stories. I would think this show would do great on the hub,as all those twillight movies are doing so well in theathres.

Edited by Shadowpanther, 31 March 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#2 Lord_Onslaught

Lord_Onslaught

Megatron Bows To ME!

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

The wonder years sucked even when it was primetime.

Sabrina is a good addition, Mork and Mindy will get the ax also as no one has watched that in years. The Hub should look at doing more recent shows. I think it should add Andromeda and Tek War

#3 Jason X

Jason X

Jumpstarter

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

This again huh? I marvel that people have time to sit around watching shit they've already seen.

#4 Lord_Onslaught

Lord_Onslaught

Megatron Bows To ME!

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

This again huh? I marvel that people have time to sit around watching shit they've already seen.

Got to fill Late Night with something, since they wont follow the WCIU formula or bring back some of the Discovery Kids shows. But then again Hasbro is not that intelligent :tflaugh

#5 Jason X

Jason X

Jumpstarter

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

That's what I have the DVR for. Aside from stuff like the Super Bowl, I haven't watched live TV in years. The only reruns I watch anymore are Transformers, and even then not that often.

#6 Lord_Onslaught

Lord_Onslaught

Megatron Bows To ME!

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

I don't even watch Broadcast television anymore. It has been years. I occasionally watch television. Most of the shows I watch I watch on my computer. So I don't even have to bother with commercials

#7 Shadowpanther

Shadowpanther

Forum Member

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

The wonder years sucked even when it was primetime.

Sabrina is a good addition, Mork and Mindy will get the ax also as no one has watched that in years. The Hub should look at doing more recent shows. I think it should add Andromeda and Tek War

I agree that Sabrina is the best new addition of the three.

I honestly don't think,"the facts of life" & mork & mindy are decent shows. their horrible. I think hub viewers might enjoy/welcome mork & mindy a bit better than the doogie howser & wonder years sitcom shows.

the best way I can describe the cancellation of the wonder years & doogie howser on the hub. and it's replacements the facts of life & mork & mindy is as follows: it's like picking thru the thrash for something slightly better than what you see on top of the inside of the thrash can.

Honestly I haven't a clue why hasbro chose "the facts of life" show. it doesn't fit in with their other live sitcom shows. laverne & shirley is about two grown women who are their 40's in real life & pretending to be in their late 20's on the show. laverne & shirley,it's no where near similar to the facts of life show,as the girls are in middle/high school. the facts of life,it was just a horrible show during it's first run in the 1980's. I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch re-runs of this show in 2012.

Sadly it just seems hasbro is being cheap,selecting from the bottom of the barrel. when it comes to buying the broadcasting rights for re-runs shows.

regarding "andromeda" & "Tek War". I think both shows biggest problems in the re-run mill is that their each one hour shows. most shows in the re-run cycle get easily picked up/bought/aired if their a half hour long. having a one hour show makes it more difficult for networks to want to buy broadcast re-runs rights to. because one hour shows need to fill two time slots not one like half hour shows do.

I Would have got rid of the "laverne & shirley" show & kept the "family ties" show. getting rid of family ties & wanting to keep "laverne & shirley" makes ZERO sense.

Edited by Shadowpanther, 01 April 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#8 Lord_Onslaught

Lord_Onslaught

Megatron Bows To ME!

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Keeping any of those old shows is a mind boggle and makes no sense. The Hub is directed toward kids, then to the older generations in the latenight. The hub should take a que from Cartoon Network. But they wont

#9 Shadowpanther

Shadowpanther

Forum Member

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Keeping any of those old shows is a mind boggle and makes no sense. The Hub is directed toward kids, then to the older generations in the latenight. The hub should take a que from Cartoon Network. But they wont

IMHO,all those adult swim cartoons & live sitcom shows that appear on the cartoon network are pure garbage. the majority of them use cheap budgets,which results in inferior awful looking animated drawn characters. are in ghetto/bad areas,feature cast members that are crazy,have mental problems,are degenerates,low I.Q's & have weak plot written episodes & scenarios. sorry i'm not a fan fan of bathroom humor. nor am I a fan of pedophile/stalkers humor. I don't like watching over the top crazies/drug addicts go thru their daily adventures.

If cartoon network was smart & their not. they'd air the entire sunday fox anime line up on week nights on the cartoon network. at the very least these fox sunday night anime shows have higher spending budgets,feature all american families,take place in middle class areas,have decent plots & decent jokes.

Right now the best night time shows cartoon network has is family guy & american dad,the rest are pure garbage.

I miss the anime domination that cartoon network had before they started doing adult swim. the anime domination shows I'm referring to that air on the cartoon network at nights a long time ago were as follows: Dragon ball/z/gt. cowbow bee bop,big-o,full metal,futurama, alchemist,inushashia,various different gundam shows,ghost in the shell,,etc...

Edited by Shadowpanther, 01 April 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#10 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

Just another anchovie on the pizza of life

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

You mean Toonami from 1999 - 2001... yeah, those were good times. Gundam Wing, Cowboy Bebop, Big O... CN got me into all that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us