• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 BaCon

BaCon

Till all are one

• Admin
  • 10,097 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

You been asking for it, and here it is. An enclave dedicated to Transformers Prime. Let your thoughts be heard here without worry of spoiling it for others. Note to all yee who come here you may see more than you want to know, so please turn back now or enter at your own risk.

#2 Shadowpanther

Shadowpanther

Forum Member

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:41 PM

Is this for both the Transformers Prime cartoon series & Prime toy line.

I loved the TF Prime cartoon season one last four episodes the best. having homage G-1 characters in newer TF cartoons is what i like to see since i'm a old school veteran TF fan.
Unicron is one of my favorites & I like the whole epicness & seriousness dark nature he adds to TF cartoon episodes/movies he's featured in.

Thus far,I'm enjoying the extremly fast pacing of the season 3,episodes i've seen thus far. hopefully the writters keep up the fast pacing & have more connecting plot episoodes. I'm not a fan of having so many stand alone non-plot episodes in a season.

If it's also for the TF Prime toy line. then lets me express my positive opinions on TF Prime toys I like thus far.
(1)I think TF Prime Weaponizers leader sized Optimus Prime is a amazing toy,it's beats the animated/energon optimus toys hands down. (2)Skyquake,I like the high sculpt & fan catered buying age. (3)Rid voyager sized Bulkhead looks like a classics styled toy & it's probably one of the best bulkhead toys ever created. (4)Rid deluxe arcee has a sports bra & that's a nice homage to TM2 BA sports bra. the inner face sculpt is more mature & less toddler friendly like the FE arcee is. (5)Rid Vechicon,it looks better than the FE version in Robot mode. The toy has so many homages going on like the batmobile & animated/hftd lockdown. (6)Rid deluxe Knockout,he looks like a hotrod/sideburn type deign in both modes. I read rumors about a dead end toy for TF Prime,I think deadend is gonna be a recolor using the knockout toy. I love buying G-1 homages from the non-classics toy lines. The huge weapon is breath taking,a work of art.

My hopes & dreams for the TF Prime toy line is as follows: (1) A leader or supreme sized rock lord planet/bot Unicron toy. (2)combiners,a five man combiner for each faction team. the decepticons can get five predacons that merge to form predaking. the autobots could get five dinobots that merge to form dinoking. (3)I'd like to see one more leader sized toy & for it to be a decepticon. I prefer a newer persona character/toy design we haven't seen yet in the cartoon/toy line. because I'm not a fan of megatron,starscream nor soundwaves toy/CGI designs.

I'm curious to see how the Arachnid toy gets created. I know it's gonna be a deluxe & only have one alt mode,but i'm hoping hasbro blows the designs out of the park. I suspose If I had my way,I'd want a Voyager sized tripple changer for arachnid's toy,that has a robot,spider & helicopter modes. my guess is some creative internet TF fans will create their own 3rd spider mode from the deluxe arachnid toy that's a two changer.

Edited by Shadowpanther, 01 March 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#3 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

Just another anchovie on the pizza of life

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Yep, this subforum is for everything related to Transformers Prime, whether it's the show or the figures. :bounce

#4 Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz

Forum Member

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

I'd like to see more of the TF Prime wider universe, not just Earth and Cybertron. A few episodes about the doings of Autobots and Decepticons (and other factions) elsewhere would be cool.

I'd like Omega Supreme (with Ark alt-mode) to make an appearance. That way we may get a Supreme-class toy (though I suspect Optimus Maximus may be the Autobot 'Big-Bot' of TF:Prime). As for Unicron, I'd settle for a Leader class toy.

If we do get a Nemesis Prime toy, I hope it's not a straight repaint of Optimus - At the very least, the head and perhaps the weapons should be a little different.

#5 Jason X

Jason X

Jumpstarter

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

I always thought it would be cool to spend more time exploring the other TF planets they showed in A/E/C.
And you can never go wrong with Omega Supreme. Making him the Ark in Animated was awesome! I'd hoped we'd get a figure of him there or from WFC.

#6 Markusius

Markusius

Markusius

• Members
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:03 AM

That would be sweet for one of the official companies to put out an official supreme class Transformers Prime: Omega Supreme Ark toy. I still think that Omega would work great as a combiner of multiple war machines though and not the Ark. In G1 he was the last line of defense, but how do you defend with a tank/train and a rocket? He would be better suited with a large tank, rocket, and an aerial vehicle. No boat though, it just doesn't work too well on land.

Good stuff going on in the Prime toy line but what is up with that gun for Optimus? Would have preferred a rifle instead of the flip out cannon gimmick. And the LED is inside so it lights up? Yeah, I may just glue it open and rip off the grey back portion so it IS just a rifle.

Soundwave is cool, too small but cool and his alt mode wings can be positioned so that he looks like a UAV or if you fold them another way it looks like he has a Cybertronian alt mode too.

Edited by Markusius, 15 March 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#7 Jason X

Jason X

Jumpstarter

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

That would be sweet for one of the official companies to put out an official supreme class Transformers Prime: Omega Supreme Ark toy. I still think that Omega would work great as a combiner of multiple war machines though and not the Ark. In G1 he was the last line of defense, but how do you defend with a tank/train and a rocket? He would be better suited with a large tank, rocket, and an aerial vehicle. No boat though, it just doesn't work too well on land.

No boat huh? How about a hovercraft? Love me some hovercrafts!
Edit: Armored, of course. A hovercraft gets a flat and it's about as useful as a boat :P

Edited by Jason X, 15 March 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#8 Lord_Onslaught

Lord_Onslaught

Megatron Bows To ME!

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

8 posts in 15 days huh? :tflaugh

#9 Jason X

Jason X

Jumpstarter

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:35 AM

I just discovered this recently myself. They should really make it more obvious.

#10 ShellformerV1

ShellformerV1

I've Just GOTTA Have Another Lecter Burger!

• Members
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

I don't have the Hub, and I missed out. I've recently started watching episodes on Youtube and I am simply blown away by what I'm seeing. The series seems (the little of it that I have seen) dark and the voice acting is superb. Somehow, Prime has made me love Starscream even more (which should not be possible), and the series deserves a pat on the back for making Arcee a true asskicker and making Soundwave--FINALLY--the most chilling approximation of his G1 bio I've seen to date. And Megatron seems to be a figure out of a living nightmare. GREAT design work...I love the fusion of existing G1, Animated and Bayverse designs.

Again, I basically have just started on Prime, but this seems to be--right out of the gate--on a par with Animated. And I truly loved that show. Hopefully, the series is more of a space opera than the tried-and-true formula of them being earth-based...maybe that is where the series is at right now, I don't know.

With the tedium of the Bayverse and the death of Animated, Prime is truly something worthwhile to sink my teeth into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us