• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

Just another anchovie on the pizza of life

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

The US Navy recently began testing a working prototype of their electromagnetic rail gun. The weapon, which has only been seen in science fiction so far, could debut on US warships as early as 2020. Ideally, the rail gun could project a 40lb round at speeds exceeding 4500mph for distances up to 100mi.

Check out the article plus a video of the gun in action here.

#2 Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Members
  • 9,059 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

It would be interesting when they do their first on-ship test. Will it fire like it did in RoTF or will it instantly capsize the ship?

#3 Lord_Onslaught

Lord_Onslaught

Megatron Bows To ME!

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

It wont capize the boat, there isn't enough backlash from it. It is a fun toy though :tflaugh

I wish they would let me play with it some time :D

#4 Shadowpanther

Shadowpanther

Forum Member

• Members
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

I'd love for Takara/Tomy/Hasbro to release a new mold leader sized Megatron toy with this US Navy Rail Gun alt mode. If I had my way we'd see this in the Generations 2013 toy line.

I just watched the video,I'm not impressed with the crappy gun design,it looks too generic & ugly. In order for it to look good as a Megatron toy. I'd put the rail gun on tank threads or design it to look more like a riffle gun in shape.

Edited by Shadowpanther, 01 March 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#5 Jason X

Jason X

Jumpstarter

• Members
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

This is awesome. We need to develop better ways to throw shit at each other.

#6 madman1366

madman1366

your friendly neighborhood lunatic

• Members
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:36 AM

Imagine when they manage to find a small enough power source to power a scaled down hand held version. Now THAT would be scary.

Or you can just watch the movie Eraser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us