• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Backfire

Backfire

Backfire

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:50 PM

Their store is closed, message board just says it's closed as of today.

Anybody know why?

Where am I supposed to get my cool (KO) variants to add to my collection of originals that Takara/Hasbro didn't make???

This wasn't supposed to happen until 2012!!!!

#2 MikePrime

MikePrime

Forum Member

• Members
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:19 PM

Apparently they flew too close to the sun. Those new cassettebot knock-offs are what set off Hasbro, or so I've read.

I think KOToys was too involved in the production of such high quality knock-offs. It's one thing to just sell the toys, made by whoever, but quite another to follow the progress of the the from idea, prototype, and finished product.

#3 AnimatedPlastic

AnimatedPlastic

Stop-Motion Animator

• Members
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Well there is only about 11 days left until 2012....just sayin...:tfevil

#4 MikePrime

MikePrime

Forum Member

• Members
  • 8,352 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:27 PM

There's still http://www.chimungmung.com/. His store is good.

#5 Lord_Onslaught

Lord_Onslaught

Megatron Bows To ME!

• Members
  • 6,215 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

I'm sure KO Toys will be back sooner or later. They are based in China and China is known for Flaunting American Copyright and Trademark laws

#6 Sparkless

Sparkless

I lyka dee soopa robato!!!!!

• Members
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

I ordered two figures from them about two weeks ago, so i'm hoping they at least send them out to me...

#7 Backfire

Backfire

Backfire

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

I had the same thought about them going too far with the dino cassettes and the headmaster heads.

I would have been happier if they produced the cassettes but reversed the colors so there was definitely a way to distinguish the KO from the real thing. Now I'll never have that set.

I got almost the entire seeker series from them, at least I have that.

I hope they come back in a different manor, I was considering some of those kits, I WANT MORE SUNSTREAKER HEADS.

#8 robo_rob

robo_rob

Pepsi will bring your ancestors back from the dead.

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

It was bound to happen. I mean, they were taking some big legal risks.

#9 Blitz-Wing

Blitz-Wing

Just another anchovie on the pizza of life

• Members
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:50 PM

Now that Hasbro likely shut them down, Hasbro can bring all the great figures KOToys was 'counterfeiting' to the shelves. [/sarcasm]

#10 Backfire

Backfire

Backfire

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

Now that Hasbro likely shut them down, Hasbro can bring all the great figures KOToys was 'counterfeiting' to the shelves. [/sarcasm]

Actually, you'd think maybe that would happen. So KOToys made a successful web page business selling some remade toys that Hasbro and takara didn't bother to make them selves. You'd think maybe a little bell or light bulb (oh wait, traditional light bulbs are illegal now arn't they?) would go off and they'd realize HEY, old school collectors are eating this stuff up. We could make some money if we sell this stuff?

I'm just pissed because there were more variations they could have made for us that Hasbro and Takara were not going to. I'd want a BLUE Bluestreak classics toy, Just have to paint one my self.

I think as long as the other stores focus mainly on the third party products they should be OK. I think KO toys would have been ok if they had just kept making variations like Deep Cover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us