Your Collection and Numbers

Goktimus Prime

Have any of you ever kept note of when your collection has reached certain numerical milestones? Or maybe on an auspicious date.

For example, which was your 100th or 1000th Transformer? Any other noteable numbers? I can't remember exactly when, but I think I reached my 100th Transformer around 1993 -- give or take a year. No idea who it was. My 1000th Transformer whizzed by me... I should've taken note, but unfortunately I didn't - so don't know who that was either. :P Bah.

There have only been 3 instances where I've bothered to take note, and that was because I was prepared before I hit those numbers. In 2004 my collection was approaching 666, so I really wanted a major baddie as my 666th Transformer. My plan was to get Energon Megatron, but I remember when I'd past 660 Energon Megatron was nowhere in sight, but Energon Scorponok was out. I hit 665... kept waiting and waiting for Megatron to come out, but nothing. So I just gave up and settled for Energon Scorponok. He's big, nasty and evil... yeah, he'll do. :)

Then as June 6, 2006 (06-06-06) came along, I wanted another major baddie. But on that night I went to the shops and there were hardly any Decepticon toys out there which I didn't already have... the only one was Cybertron Sky Shadow, which I didn't really want to get cos I already had Cybertron Jetfire. But there was nothing else, so I got it. Then after I got home I read the bio -- gah! He's an undercover Autobot! Pah.

Last year as my collection was reaching 1337 I wanted to get some "nerdy" or "brainy" Transformer as my 1337th Transformer. But then my cousin went and gave me a big chunk of his old G1 collection... so my 1337th Transformer unexpectedly ended up being Fastlane! So if he ever appears in a photocomic I'm gonna make him a massively stupid nerd and have him speaking exclusively in 13375p34|< :P

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't keep track of which number each of mine is. What I do is keep track of the last Transformer I got to complete a line. Which is usually a mixture of Hasbro and Takara figures

Machine Wars - Starscream

RiD - Gelshark

Armada - Overload

Cybertron - Scourge

Classics - Henkei Skyfire

Titanium - The Fallen

Transformers 2007 - Wreckage

Universe 2.0 - Darkwind

ROTF - Stratosphere

Transformers 2010 - Will be Strafe

I used to keep track based on the 100s. Like I remember when I hit 500 but my collection has been in such flux that I still don't know how many I have. I think those days are behind me, at least for now.

I'm not sure where certain figures hit at certain marks...between 2 toy shows last 2 months and BBTS, I have amassed a lot in short time..prolly 100 or more. Although I did a count last weekend I am up to 947 figures. Would be over 1000 if I hadn't sold some stuff early last year.

Also since Generations Warpath came in today and with United Frenzy/Rumble and Perfect Effect "Reflector" Ill defiantely hit 1000 when DotM comes out

I only have a G1 Mirage and Huffer as my "collection." Anymore than that and I think my OCD would kick in and I would go crazy with all the visual chaos. Honestly, I don't know how you guys can do it: have a collection of 500 or 1000 Transformers and not go crazy with that amount of stuff in your living space?

Funny this should come up, I was just putting up new shelves today and getting stuff rearranged. I've never actually kept track of milestones, the first time I sat down and actually counted I was already over 1000. On the other hand I remember exactly when and how (full price, on sale, clearance, gift, auction, everything) I got every figure in my collection so with a little time I might actually be able to sort it out if I wanted to. Maybe I should keep track of 1500 or 2000 whenever I get there.

Emerje

100th was G1 Metroplex 100 percent complete in c9 shape for 75 bucks. Yes I had to throw in the ebay reference. 1000th was Masterpiece Prime. Fitting since my focus is on Primes and then everything else gets sucked in lol

I only have a G1 Mirage and Huffer as my "collection." Anymore than that and I think my OCD would kick in and I would go crazy with all the visual chaos. Honestly, I don't know how you guys can do it: have a collection of 500 or 1000 Transformers and not go crazy with that amount of stuff in your living space?

Well I can honestly say this. You never realize how big it is til u have a moment of clarity and boom there it is. I have close to 1400 figures which is about to change because my wal mart here FINALLY stocked Shield and more Generations. Then the movie line is coming (which I have ALL of the first half or so of the second and plan on getting specific figures for the third. Another question that I have is is there a price people wont pay for a tformer? I wont pay for Fort Max and most gestaults. their prices are just out of my range of realism but hey I am going to spend whatever it will cost for ultimate prime lol

The whole back of my closet is filled with boxes of transformers. It would be alot of work just to pull them out to count. Wasn't there a thread that debated how to actually count them? Like, if you bought an Armada character with a minicon, does that count as two or just one? What about a package of 3 minicons?

Yeah, I always say ONE DAY I'll pull them all out, count them and take a picture, but then I don't. To lazy. So, to know which one I picked up at number 100 or 1000? Riiight, I have no idea.

Archived