What would you do if you were in charge at hasbro

SuperSaiyanGoku

Let's say that somehow in some way you became head of the transformers department at hasbro(and like many of us wish that we can do) and had a say in the decisions on the figures design. What would you do?

Me I would fire everybody there and hire everybody on here to make the decisions on figure design, and hire all the customizers on this board to design the toys.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me, I would move all the USA guys to Japan and put Takara in charge of all designs. They already do the work. Their first project would be the MP Arcee figure.

Remove the Bean counters, Wal-Mart and Target buyers. I have a feeling things would get a whole lot better. :win

A couple things come to mind:

Go the Marvel and DC animation route and release DVD movies of Transformers stories from different generations/universes. The stories don't all have to be connected. Just have recognizable characters star in each movie, then for kicks, release the character models/figures in the Generations line.

Sticking with the Generations line, I would reintroduce the GoBots to the masses by pulling them under the Transformers umbrella and release scout or deluxe sized figures under the Generations banner. Hasbro own the name, they should put it to use. Every time I see a motorcycle Transformer, I always imagine Cykill being re-imagined. Come on Hasbro, although I'm a huge transformers fan, many of us also grew up collecting GoBots! There is a market there.

Get away from having store exclusives like MP's or reissues. Although many of us have most stores close enough to visit, to have exclusives on figures does a disservice to those of us who have stuck with the brand over the years. If we can buy most movie and Generations toys at all stores, why have exclusives for a marquee figure. The more flooded stores are, the lower the prices, but hey that make sense for the buyers not the seller.

Do a series without Megatron and Optimus Prime. Yeah, I know, Prime (and Megatron, but more so Prime) has the name recognition so he has to be used, but I would love to see a series, in the future perhaps, where someone else was in charge of either side. There are so many great secondary characters that should get a shot at leading. Perhaps this is where they could do those one shot DVD movies I mentioned earlier.

I might have a few more, but these were the first few ideas that popped into mind. I look forward to what everyone else has to say...

put more detailing into all the figures, it would maybe make it a little bit more expensive, and bring back the whole Animated line and make every figure that wasn't made even the TF characters in the background

How about a Transformers: FANS Prototype Line

where fans input which prototype molds to produce for a limited run.

Then have a webstore to order and/or the other retail stores?

Another idea -

Actually start doing the Lucky Draws and what not here as well...

Limited edition figures etc etc.

Hmm.. What would I do?

First, I would make the company bring back every single G1 Character into the Generations line. And force Takara to make more Masterpiece figures quickly.

pred.pngI would force a company to bring Beast Wars back into a newly designed era, same characters, differnent looks, same beast modes.(CG or Animated style.) bwmax.png

Screw R.I.D. and the Unicron Trilogy,... speaking of which... Make Hasbro create a Masterpiece G1 Unicron.

And make Animated come back for a few more seasons with all the characters seen into toys.

I would bring back the animated series. It seemed like the rushed the ending. I would produce the figures shown in series (Omega, Spittor, Constructicons etc.)and make episodes regarding some of the characters that were made but had no role in the show(Oil Slick, Scuba Bumblebee, etc.). Also the design of the Winged Prime was a little lame:*( Plus there is nothing really stopping them from bringing the series back other than the fact that it wasn't too popular with a lot of people. If they only gave it half a chance it would hook em. I agree with the earlier post about Store Exclusives. They are lame as they are usually repaints with vague character references. ALSO, kill the Starwars and Marvel Crossover lines and use those resources for the Transformer lines. Beef up the Reissue Transformers. I mean, Hasbro has their own online toy store now so it should be relatively easy to poll buyers to see which Reissue they should put out next. I'd wager that half or more of their income comes from adult collectors anyway.

As a plug in for my own personal Figure creation: Classics Sky Linx. Made up of two Voyager sized and two Scout sized. Sky Primus (Shuttle Mode, Dragon Mode, Robot Mode, Sky Linx Beast Mode(Combiner), Sky Linx Super Robot Mode(Combiner)); Ra Linx (Carrier/Launch pad Mode, Lion Mode, Robot Mode, Sky Linx Beast Mode (Combiner), Sky Linx Super Robot Mode(Combiner)), Orbos (Satellite Mode, Robot Mode, Weapon Mode(Solar Sword)), Jackal (Truck Mode, Robot Mode, Weapon Mode (Heavy Cannon)). The general size/design concept similar to the R.I.D. Series Optimus Prime combined with Ultra Magnus, with scouts that can turn into weapons. I've been trying to sell the idea to FansProject for a while...

Hmm, well, I've had an idea for a line/series that I've been kicking around for a few years. See, I always liked how season 3 of the original show expanded the scope and had them traveling to different planets and such, but always thought it was awkward that the autobots all had to pile in to shuttles to do it.

So, I figure, "what about an all space based line?" basically, everyone would turn into different types of space ships. Optimus could be like a big long cargo hauler, (or, alternatively, a squatter more cicular cargo hauled like the Falcon with a detachable center,) Bumblebee could be like a flying saucer like his original cybertronian appearance, the other autos could hall be variations on utility vehicles like shuttles and things, Rodimus could be like a cool starfighter with big yellow wings, Rodimus Prime could then be a full battle ship, and so on.

The decepticons would have an easier time adapting because a lot of them have flight based modes anyway, but I did have a thought for Megatron: That ship that unicron gave galvatron? paint it white and it would be a great alt mode for Megatron, you could even have his fusion canon coming out of the center part.

Perhaps not the greatest idea, but someone had to say something other than "all classics/masterpieces all the time!" :tflaugh

Archived