EXTENSIVE GALLERY OF ALL VEHICLES AND LARGE DEVASTATOR PICS
ROTF Devastator - a set on Flickr
so here's the text review, while I wait impatiently for youtube to finish uploading
- he's a monster, huge! about 13 ½ inches when hunched over
- great sound chip (in mixmaster) he says a few lines of text and sounds while in Devastator mode...the voice clips are random, same one might sound off several times in a row, but still, very extensive. the sound chip/lights are all in Mixmaster. Removing him and TFing him into his cement mixer triggers the "transform" sound effect. While in truck mode, mixmaster makes a few random machine type noises.
1) an evil laugh
3) I am... Decepticon!! (WTF is that?)
4) Devastator, Destroy!
5) yeah ahaha autobots (I think)
6) I am....Devastator (odd that's similar to #3)
7) Devastator, Destroy Autobots!
- solid. He's about 7 to 8 pounds
- ratcheting shoulder joints
- ratcheting elbow joints
- ratcheting hips
- some articulation in "fingers"
- quite movie accurate
- really weak vehicle modes (pretty much blocks of plastic)
- little to no paint apps (hightower is solid yellow)
- sorta "back heavy" (mixmaster is heavy
- hightower arm is very blocky looking. they couldv'e made it a little smaller and it would have balanced better with the other arm (scrapper)
- Demolisher is called Scavenger on the instructions
- Price is too high, should be closer to 50-60 USD in my opinion
- Knees are on hinge joints and pretty much locked where they are in order to support the weight
- Ankles are also on hinges, and render useless because of all the weight on him
- Walking on all 4s is going to require some heavy modding
- Demolisher looks like a nike shoebox with treads on it
- noice trigger on mixmaster is too sensitive while in truck mode.
All in all, I think this guy's great. he'd make an AWESOME centerpiece to any movie fan's collection, a must have. I see huuuuge potential for this guy getting lots of repaint and kit bashing action, and wish I didn't have to sleep so I can get to that.