• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho

Forum Member

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hey guys, new here, but Ive been lurking for a while. I was wondering if anyone knew if they were going to be making a Transformer based on the A-10 Thunderbolt in the ROTF line. I found THIS on tfwiki.net. I havent seen anything else about this Fireflight guy. I mainly collect jet/plane type Transformers, and the A-10 is my favorite, but so far the closest to a true A-10 is the Transformers Crossovers Thor. Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Taaron

Taaron

Big General Chief Chef / Hell Kitty

• Members
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

Hey, DeltaEcho! Here's a lists of TFs based on the A-10 Thunderbolt.

G1 Powerglide
eHobby Bad Boy
Universe Powerglide
Universe Stormcloud
Crossovers Thor
Cybertron Wing Saber (1st movie TRU Exclusive Wingblade)
Energon Skyshadow & Terradrive Universe/ROTF Skydive and Fireflight

There's also the OTFCC exclusive Skyfall
Glad to meet a fellow A-10 TF fan. :thumb

The Universe/ ROTF Skydive & Fireflight will be a Target Exclusive in the Superion Maximus combiner set.

Edited to add TFU.info links & fix a few things...

Edited by Taaron, 19 May 2009 - 09:59 PM.

#3 Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Forum Member

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

There's also the Classics Mini-con Steel Wind, which was packaged with the Clear Skies Team minicon set, and his redeco Skyhammer which was part of the K-Mart exclusive Universe Mini-con 12-pack.

And of course the Gobot Bad Boy, if you're willing to step outside the Transformers franchise a bit.

#4 DeltaEcho

DeltaEcho

Forum Member

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

Wow, there are a lot more than I thought, thanks for the info. Yeah, A-10 is by far my favorite Air Force jet. I should be flying one right now for a living, I was in the AFROTC for two years, top of my class in everything, I was looking good to pick up a pilot slot, but when I went to take the physical before I signed the contract I found out Im "color deficient", meaning I see colors but just not right. So no Warthog for me :tfsad . Still love the jet though, I just wish the Fireflight guy was a new, accurate mold, but Superion Maximus is pretty sweet in its own way. Thanks again for the fast replys, Ill have to check out the others.

Edited by DeltaEcho, 19 May 2009 - 10:04 PM.

#5 Taaron

Taaron

Big General Chief Chef / Hell Kitty

• Members
  • 4,699 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:12 PM

Here's the TFU.info links for the ones Whisky Tango Foxtrot posted;
Gobots Badboy

Steelwind
Skyhammer

I've never been close to the actual plane, but the A-10's always been a favorite of mine, due to Powerglide being based off one. He was one of the first Transformers I ever owned as a kid.

I've also remembered two more A-10 based Transformers;
Micromaster Hothouse
Micromaster Tailwind

#6 Hip-Hoptimus Rime

Hip-Hoptimus Rime

I just want to slap a hippy or two, maybe make 'em get jobs.

• Members
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:58 AM

I have a few of those, they're cool. Note, however, that (as far as I can recall) none of them are truly accurate replicas, really; most are pretty "stylized" but still very very cool. (The Marvel Thor jet probably comes closest except for its... unfortunate colors.) And yes, the 'hog is the baddest jet in the sky, and irreplaceable in its ground support role IMO.

I knew a guy who was an A-10 mechanic a few years ago, actually in the thick of it in a Middle Eastern country that he could not name. Saw some planes come back safely with holes you could put your head thru without mussing your hair.

Welcome aboard and go ugly early!

#7 Yuyuyami

Yuyuyami

Forum Member

• Members
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

^ Yeah the Warthog is fucking awesome. It's got real bulk to it and isn't a flattened out sheet of metal like most jets are these days.

#8 FREEFALLL666

FREEFALLL666

The truest most vile hate comes under a thin veil of "Love&

• Members
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:39 AM

^ Yeah the Warthog is fucking awesome. It's got real bulk to it and isn't a flattened out sheet of metal like most jets are these days.

Thats cause its a gun with a plane strapped round it..

#9 Yuyuyami

Yuyuyami

Forum Member

• Members
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

:tfevil

#10 sgt__york

sgt__york

Forum Member

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Also in the Cybertron Series... JETFIRE was based on the A-225, and was a very nice plane figure.

As a USAF brat I grew up around jets all my life also. I still live 5mins from LAFB - home of the 1st Fighter Wing, so jets flying overhead is a way of life.

We were talking about this not long ago - that it would be a nice idea for a TF series that has not been done -- a series completed done by PLANES (specifically, we were talking WW2 planes) - much like ALT/BT were 'all' cars. If you want to check out the thread, it's here. We listed out some of the characters and planes we'd like to see them in.

Edited by sgt__york, 20 May 2009 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us