Longer Flail for Swoop

masterminicon

I had bought another Animated Swoop the other day since my other one was doing something odd.

So I was just swinging his flail today while reading (I was bored), and thought to myself "Why didn't Hasbro make his flail a little longer?"

I looked over at my other Swoop in my parts bin and thought to myself, "I wonder if there's a way that I could take the chain from my old Swoop's flail and attach it and make my new Swoop's flail longer, that'd be great."

I grabbed my Xacto knife, and cut a little slice in the lowest piece of the chain here:

DSCN0564.jpg

I repeated the process at the highest end leaving one link for in total from the handle and the actual spiked ball itself. I then repeated the process yet a third time at the handle on my other flail and attached it all and viola.

A longer (pretty much double the length) flail for Swoop:

DSCN0567.jpg

Now he can hit the Decepticons from an even further distance.

If you want to know what I did with the ends of the old flail. Well, I attached them, as best as I could, and it looks like his flail chain retracts all the way and he has a morning star version of his weapon that he can smack Decepticons on the head with if he so chooses.

Please note, these pictures were taken after I had done this, so I circled where to cut since it really doesn't require much, and if you want, add a little super glue with a very very fine cut toothpick (or a pin if you have one), and hold it there to keep it together so the chain doesn't come apart.

I'm guessing if anyone tries, the same technique can be applied for Oil Slick's chain barrel if you pick up an extra one, though his is pretty long already.

Now to wait for Matt's fix for the flames on the flail and I'll be set.

Archived