KOtoys shut down?

Backfire

Hasbro has said in the past that they don't expect people to buy multiples of the same mold anyways.

I find that contradictory by them. If they don't expect people to buy multiple variants of the same mold... why do they keep making multiple variants? Yes, I know, it's to help pay off the tooling cost for that mold. But that statement is beside itself.

Not necessarily. They probably simply look at it as some people may like a mold but not like a given color scheme, and might buy the figure in a different color scheme. Or they might like the retool but not the original, or the original and not the retool. Thus they provide a little variety for their customers to choose from while still using the same mold. And, if someone does buy multiple redecoes/retools of the mold, so much the better. Also, what Hasbro had said is that they don't expect everybody to buy every redeco or retool of any given mold.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bulk of repaints we see is to give retailers new stock to keep up with their demands.

I think the sentiment was the fact that repaints would show up is for people who missed the first version. It seems that there is a disconnect within Hasbro between the creative staff (those who pick the characters, stories, etc) and those that market the actual product. And it may still be true that Hasbro still doesn't realise the effect of characters on the products they are selling. Yes they know that Bumblbebee is great for kids and they shouldn't kill Megatron, but it does go beyond that. We still might be in the minority here with actually seeing that way.

I had the same thought about them going too far with the dino cassettes and the headmaster heads.

I would have been happier if they produced the cassettes but reversed the colors so there was definitely a way to distinguish the KO from the real thing. Now I'll never have that set.

I got almost the entire seeker series from them, at least I have that.

I hope they come back in a different manor, I was considering some of those kits, I WANT MORE SUNSTREAKER HEADS.

What Dino Cassettes?

I had the same thought about them going too far with the dino cassettes and the headmaster heads.

I would have been happier if they produced the cassettes but reversed the colors so there was definitely a way to distinguish the KO from the real thing. Now I'll never have that set.

I got almost the entire seeker series from them, at least I have that.

I hope they come back in a different manor, I was considering some of those kits, I WANT MORE SUNSTREAKER HEADS.

What Dino Cassettes?

Supposedly the nail in the coffin of KO Toys. Yet the only the forum is closed not the store. And Since Hasbro never released the Dino Cassettes they have nothing to do with it. Just the constant theft of the molds is what got KO Toys in trouble with their KOLD series. But still KO Toys is based in China so I highly doubt Hasbro had anything to do with it. I'm betting it was more of pressure from the Chinese Government censor office then anything. Now for the loss of being able to sell any KO Transformer? hit them up on email

Rumor has it, on the unreliable grapevine that 4chan is, that zhao actually closed up shop due to his suppliers moving their factory's and this was his effort to push as much old stock as possible to make his move easier. "this explains why chimungmung and acestoy suddenly stopped getting new chms stock"

Also its rumored he conveniently closed up shop before actually shipping the dino cassettes in order to screw over as many people as possible and make a clean getaway, because he actually took far more preorders than he knew he could fill. He is also supposedly going to open a new site after the chinese new year under a new alias.

But like I said, this is stuff that was said on 4chan, so take it with a grain of salt.

Rumor has it, on the unreliable grapevine that 4chan is, that zhao is actually closed up shop due to his suppliers moving their factory's and this was his effort to push as much old stock as possible to make his move easier. "this explains why chimungmung and acestoy suddenly stopped getting new chms stock"

Also its rumored he conveniently closed up shop before actually shipping the dino cassettes in order to screw over as many people as possible and make a clean getaway, because he actually took far more preorders than he knew he could fill. He also also supposedly going to open a new site after the chinese new year under a new alias.

But like I said, this is stuff that was said on 4chan, so take it with a grain of salt.

I'll take that with enough salt to give me high blood pressure.

If the rumors hold true, that's pretty bad. For those on the fence with his knock-offs, screwing people over on a pre-order would be the icing on the cake.

Precisely why I NEVER pre-order ANYTHING from ANYONE.

Dude, if its the combiner Dino cassettes then Ill take my chances. I'll never own the real ones so a KO is the next best thing. I'm down.

Archived