What's your over all opinion on the Live action TF movies & movie verse toy lines

Shadowpanther

What gets me is the Legends Devastator Combiner set was really well done as far as I'm concerned. 7 bots, 7 alt modes, 1 great looking combined mode. Why this couldn't have simply been translated to a larger class I'll never know....

THANK YOU. It's completely laughable how f'ed up the supreme-class toy really is.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Srsly Hasbro shouldn't just abandon movie toys. They should definitely try again on Devy and some others, maybe release them in the generations line or something. They don't need a movie currently out to sell them after all

What gets me is the Legends Devastator Combiner set was really well done as far as I'm concerned. 7 bots, 7 alt modes, 1 great looking combined mode. Why this couldn't have simply been translated to a larger class I'll never know....

THANK YOU. It's completely laughable how f'ed up the supreme-class toy really is.

I'm working on improving the Devastator toy, mainly by totally redoing the head. I don't mind that there aren't individual robot modes, but it still should have been a much better toy. They should have used more complex transformations, given it better posability, make it look more like in the movie, etc...

Srsly Hasbro shouldn't just abandon movie toys. They should definitely try again on Devy and some others, maybe release them in the generations line or something. They don't need a movie currently out to sell them after all

I also thought the legends sized ROTF Devestator was a awesome Homage Devstator toy. the individual bot/vechicle modes are in similar scale to the 1985 constructicons,they have invidual robot modes,the rotf legends devestator mode is a similar size to the 1985 devestator toy. one has the choice of diaclone colors of G-1 colors. it's leaps & bounds better than the supreme sized ROTF Devestator toy.

Hasbro will never admit it. but I suspect the ROTF Supreme devestator toy was made so simple. was due to the fact supreme sized TF toys in general are clearly aimed at toddlers under the ages of 4. unicron & primus were the exceptions. hasbro creates supreme sized TF toys as the ultimate huge & exspensive christmas gift for parents to buy toddlers. the toy was made simple with no individual robot modes to make it easier for toddlers to combine the vechicles to form devestator. the vechicles were made of strong durable plastic because parents buy & toddlers play with those tonka plastic school vechicles.

I liked the 1980's Duo-cons,the armada Tidalwave Trio-con,The BW NEO Trio-con Magmatron. 1986 Duo-bot Sky-lynx.

The main problem I have with ROTF devestator is not the non-transforming/non-robot modes for the individual figures. it's the ugly sculpt,egineering,mis-proprtioned body parts/limbs & the weird/weak hip,knee & ankle joints on this toy. the thing was designed like a gorrilla with long arms,over sized torso,big head & short stubby legs. it's nearly impossible to pose the legs in any decent pose. getting it to pose regular & not collapse on it's weight takes a few minutes of time.

As far as the movie verse toy designs goes. I'm hoping the 2014 or 2015 TF movie. has softer more beautiful sculpted designs. hopefully we get classics/generations styled TF4 movie toys but I seriously doubt this will happen. At the very least I hope hasbro/takara gets rid of the insectoid bot designs,chicken legs & mis-proprtioned mangled robot modes/body parts/limbs. with micheal bay on board for TF4,I seriouly doubt this will happen.

I'm working on improving the Devastator toy, mainly by totally redoing the head. I don't mind that there aren't individual robot modes, but it still should have been a much better toy. They should have used more complex transformations, given it better posability, make it look more like in the movie, etc...

I also thought the legends sized ROTF Devestator was a awesome Homage Devstator toy. the individual bot/vechicle modes are in similar scale to the 1985 constructicons,they have invidual robot modes,the rotf legends devestator mode is a similar size to the 1985 devestator toy. one has the choice of diaclone colors of G-1 colors. it's leaps & bounds better than the supreme sized ROTF Devestator toy.

Hasbro will never admit it. but I suspect the ROTF Supreme devestator toy was made so simple. was due to the fact supreme sized TF toys in general are clearly aimed at toddlers under the ages of 4. unicron & primus were the exceptions. hasbro creates supreme sized TF toys as the ultimate huge & exspensive christmas gift for parents to buy toddlers. the toy was made simple with no individual robot modes to make it easier for toddlers to combine the vechicles to form devestator. the vechicles were made of strong durable plastic because parents buy & toddlers play with those tonka plastic school vechicles.

I liked the 1980's Duo-cons,the armada Tidalwave Trio-con,The BW NEO Trio-con Magmatron. 1986 Duo-bot Sky-lynx.

The main problem I have with ROTF devestator is not the non-transforming/non-robot modes for the individual figures. it's the ugly sculpt,egineering,mis-proprtioned body parts/limbs & the weird/weak hip,knee & ankle joints on this toy. the thing was designed like a gorrilla with long arms,over sized torso,big head & short stubby legs. it's nearly impossible to pose the legs in any decent pose. getting it to pose regular & not collapse on it's weight takes a few minutes of time.

As far as the movie verse toy designs goes. I'm hoping the 2014 or 2015 TF movie. has softer more beautiful sculpted designs. hopefully we get classics/generations styled TF4 movie toys but I seriously doubt this will happen. At the very least I hope hasbro/takara gets rid of the insectoid bot designs,chicken legs & mis-proprtioned mangled robot modes/body parts/limbs. with micheal bay on board for TF4,I seriouly doubt this will happen.

Insofar as certain aspects of the Bayverse aesthetic: a lot of people have expressed dissatisfaction with the "chicken legs" of the Bayverse. While I can more than understand that, I do like this aspect of the Bayverse. The orientation of the legs is not inherently chicken-like...this is a feature found (yes) in birds and non-avian, non-graviportal dinosaurs (all theropods, ornithischians and basal sauropodomorphs) and non-graviportal mammals as well. Some of the largest land mammals (Indricotherium, the largest known land mammal) and carnivorous dinosaurs (from Giganotosaurus carolinii to Tyrannosaurus rex to Microraptor gui) and some ornithischians (such as Shantungosaurus giganteus) had this "chicken-legged" hindlimb orientation where the knee is permanently flexed. Aside from the obvious load-bearing attributes one might ascibe to the legs in general, it is also a feature associated with speed(as seen in ROTF, where the trio of Starscream, Grindor and Megatron--all built fundamentally differently differently from Optimus Prime in all details save for that permanently flexed knee--are able to RUN at a considerably high degree of speed and perform exceptional acts of acrobatic skill in the high point of the film--the forest battle.

Archived