Working with Sharpie's markers

Sparkless

Never used them before so just have a couple of questions before I go nuts on a few figures with them. We finally have Sharpie markers on sale here in Spain, so decided to get a couple to play with

So, what i'd like to know is:

1) does the ink come off figures easily once you've coloured the specific part?

2) How well do they coat on plastic? for example if I colour a piece in will it be an even look or can you see the lines where you've coloured it in?

The reason I wanna know is I want to outline the red parts on my generations Drift, nad then redden the red parts more so they're more vibrant.

Any help, comments and advice appreciated .thumb

The regular markers do wear off quite easily. (they don't live up to the permanent name. :lol ) That said, here's the only example I can give with Sharpies / Permanent Markers. (I used to have some pics of an Ironhide I did up with Sharpies, but I have no idea where they got off to.) mugen_anubis-wip.jpg

Sharpie's recently started to release Sharpie Paint Markers, though.

I was lacking a (decent) green paint pen (The one I had turned out to be like a puke green. :doh ) , so I ran by one of the local hobby shops. They were clearing out their regular paint pens, and replacing them with Sharpie-brand, so I picked up a green one to try it out. I really like it, so I'm planning on hitting the hobby shop again, and stocking up on the rest of the colors.

My Drift figure's gonna be going back on disply once I've used the sharpies on him so I think they'll hold ok. The sharpies released over here so far are just DVD markers, so they should be permanent enough I spose :shrug

• 3 years later...

The brand of paint markers sold at WalMart seem to work much better than the Sharpie brand paint markers. And I've used Magic Erasers to remove Sharpie Permanent Marker from figures. Sharpies are a good way to start learning, but you should just skip them and use paint.