Animated series toys...

I'm usually not a compleatist, with the movie line I was a minimalist. However, it is my plan to snag all of these, and at least the cooler repaints.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know what's cool with Animated? We won't get repaints from older lines.

See, you could have said that about the Movie line, and look what happened. If the Animated line proves successful enough, and they need filler to fill the gaps between waves, Hasbro won't think twice about repainting older molds and shipping them in Animated packaging.

On the Animated line itself....I'm not a fan of the animation style used, so I'll probably sit this line out for the most part. I am, however, planning on picking up Blitzwing, and maybe Earth Megatron if I like the look of him.

I reckon they'll do the repaints from previous lines under the Universe moniker. Probably using the Animated style of packaging.

I'll be getting every *unique* mold. If other seekers are eventually repainted on Starscream's mold, I won't pick them up this time. One of each mold is what I'm planning for now, and I won't be getting different sizes of the same figure (like I won't get the 2-pack megatron AND the voyager, same with prime).

So yeah, I want every character for sure. Maybe not Black Arachnia, but I'll get her to be a completist.

You know what's cool with Animated? We won't get repaints from older lines.

We thought that would be true for Movie toys.

We were wrong!

Anyway, I'll definitely get Blitzwing, Prowl, and Soundwave. Maybe Starscream... if they fix the final release and he's not freaking inexplicably blue.

I guess it kind of depends on how big the line will end up being. If it's fairly small, then I might.

Here is a size comparison:

anibb_12__scaled_600.jpg

:tflaugh

I think he meant "How many toys", not how tall they are. :P

I plan to pick up the cool ones available to me.

I guess it kind of depends on how big the line will end up being. If it's fairly small, then I might.

Here is a size comparison:

anibb_12__scaled_600.jpg

:tflaugh

I think he meant "How many toys", not how tall they are. :P

I plan to pick up the cool ones available to me.

Haha, yeah, I did mean how "big" the line is, as in "how many figures are in the line." Not how tall the figures are.

As for other people's comments on not getting other lines repainted/remolded for Animated...I can't see how any other lines being repainted would mesh well with those figures, since stylistically, they're kind of a think unto themselves. The movie line is seeing cybertron figures leaking in, but I think that's because those figures can pass moderately well as being movie-like in appearance. Some of the cybertron figures have alt modes and robot modes that would make them visually fit believably in the movie line.

Unless you take (and I don't mean this in any bad way) a line that is "simpler" in appearance (something like, say, classics for the most part) I doubt you'd find many lines that would mesh well with animated. Especially since their main goal was to make the figures look as close to their cartoon counterparts as possible, so even the figures have a pretty convincing "animation" to them.

Then again, at some point, Hasbro could just say "**** it" and start mixing lines with animated. I just wouldn't see that as being convincing or wise.

Absolutely will buy the main Autobot cast, Megs in any form, Starscream, and any other Decepticons from the show that catch my eye. Ultra Magnus and Sentinel Prime are instant purchases too. Beyond that, we'll have to see the toys before making any decisions.

• 1 month later...

Never have been a completest so probably won't get all of them.

From everything I've seen though I'll probably only skip the Ultra/Supreme class toys.

I hated Armada, Cybertron, Energon and the Movie line; however, I am so looking forward too the Animated line. This line looks to be the best Transformer line since Robots in Disguise back in 2002. This, coupled with the cartoon, looks to be harking back to G1 Transformers that I adore so much. I am hoping that this line will stay strong for a few years just like with Generation 1 Transformers. I am for sure getting, Prime, Bumble Bee, Prowl, Dinobots (ie. Grimlock, Snarl, Swoop), Megatron, Bulkhead, Soundwave and StarScream to name a few. Between Animated, Classics 2.0, Encore and Generation 1 figure collecting, my wallet is going to be definitely hurting. But it's for a good cause :tfgrin

Archived