Movie verse Transformers new molds you'd like to see but know Hasbro will never create them.

Shadowpanther

TRAINS! I'm still irked that we never got any movieverse TFs of any sort that transform into trains! I wanted to see Astrotrain as an EMD SD70ACE or something!

That'd have made for some really cool CGI and I'm sure regular movie-goers would've loved it.

micheal bay will never have buses nor train alt modes for transformers in his live action TF movies. because micheal bay is all about realism & picking alt modes that make sense for the transformers. Trains are like buses they exist to carry dozens of humans in them to their designated places. it's hard for a TF toy pick a train alt mode because he needs train tracks & dozens of humans to trasport in order to blend in & be in disguise.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...so, there would never be any reason under the sun for a TF to assume a bus or train mode?

That has nothing to do with realism and everything to do with going for the money shot over and over and over again. Going for the "cool" factor.

This is lazy and uninspired. For instance: the Decepticons could more quickly "take over" the planet by insinuating themselves into any mass transit system. This would give them an almost limitless capacity to hold a large number of humans in a static position for an extended period of time. It practically writes itself.

Not to mention the train I had in mind is a locomotive used in freight service.... No humans transported there. Just cargo

But I like your idea, ShellformerV1. Sure trains are restricted to where the tracks go, but we've seen already that TFs even turn into completely immobile objects sometimes.

Human Alliance Lockdown

The aggravating thing is that not only is the line not going anywhere, the toy technology is greater than ever before.

I'll put in another vote for $29.99 HA lockdown. I love the character & his designs in both modes.

I would have loved to see the Human alliance $9.99 & $29.99 lines carry over in TF Prime & Generations. because cyber-verse carried over in TFP & Generations. I love the HA line,because it has a grown up/collector feel towards it. anything that gives me more voyager sized toys is always a positive thing.

...so, there would never be any reason under the sun for a TF to assume a bus or train mode?

That has nothing to do with realism and everything to do with going for the money shot over and over and over again. Going for the "cool" factor.

This is lazy and uninspired. For instance: the Decepticons could more quickly "take over" the planet by insinuating themselves into any mass transit system. This would give them an almost limitless capacity to hold a large number of humans in a static position for an extended period of time. It practically writes itself.

And if a 'Con had to keep tabs on a particular human asset what better excuse that being on a regular daily route near the target (for places like the NEST headquarters in DOTM where they'd obviously be alerted to any internal incursions)? Who'd look twice at that bus that rolls by three times a day?

And if a 'Con had to keep tabs on a particular human asset what better excuse that being on a regular daily route near the target (for places like the NEST headquarters in DOTM where they'd obviously be alerted to any internal incursions)? Who'd look twice at that bus that rolls by three times a day?

Precisely. This is one of the reasons why I loved the Real Gear line so much and why I thought some of the decidely static alt modes used by the Decepticons in G1 made so much sense.

Precisely. This is one of the reasons why I loved the Real Gear line so much and why I thought some of the decidely static alt modes used by the Decepticons in G1 made so much sense.

The Real Gear line was epic! I still think to this day it had some of the best Scout size molds ever. I hope we see something like it released again someday....

The Real Gear line was epic! I still think to this day it had some of the best Scout size molds ever. I hope we see something like it released again someday....

They were just really, really great toys (well, except for Power Up VT6 & Hacker X-3), and I for one would be overjoyed to see Real Gear or the next best thing to it return and craft an update for G1 Reflector and the microcassette combiners (Grand Slam & Raindance; Beast Box & Squawktalk), as well as new characters. That would be worth the price of the admission alone.

• 1 month later...

The Dinobots

I've always wondered how the Dinobots would look done in the movie style. I bet it'd be cool.

Archived