IKEA Detolf Glass Case

puma

Hey, was wondering if you ever actually got the detolf cabinets from your ikea or not? My store keeps telling me the same thing.

Yup. for some reason the website took the Detolf's down, but i called Customer Service and they told me they were available in store. I bought 2.

Just checked my stock prognosis for the Frisco, TX Ikea and it says they're stocked.

yup, I just went to my Ikea Saturday, and I saw they have the display back up, so I guess that means that the manufacturer finally got the standards up to par for Ikea to bring them back to the states. To bad I'm not working now though :/. It's also a slight shame that I'm thinking more of the Klingsbo cases now, lol.

The Klingsbo come with the price tag to match too. I don't mind the size of the Detolfs. All that glass gets heavy. the box is already 90lbs as it it. I plan on getting a few more Detolfs after i buy a house in the next month or two.

I did see that short Klingsbo case. Putting Metroplex in there in city mode with mini bots would be cool.

That's my idea too. I just kind of wish those we stackable :P. I'd just buy a few of those and go one on top of the other like 3 or 4 high, if they were, lol. Detolfs are probably better for the idea and price, but if you go with adding in extra shelves to the detolfs like the person did over on TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/422483-ikea-detolf-mod-adding-additional-shelves.html) you're probably running into about the same price range as those klingsbo cases.. I'd rather just get the klingsbo then, ya know? Run some of Ikea's LED strips down the inside of the frames, and you've got awesome lighting that's more or less concealed too. Idk, maybe it's just my taste, lol.

Archived