Custom of the Week - Revenge of the Fallen Power-Up Prime by frenzy_rumble

Peter_Van

Am I the only one that disagrees that Hasbro should hire this guy? If they do, prices for Transformers will boost high, I mean higher than Masterpiece prices. I understand there are a lot of fans that love detai. For someone like me, I just wanna spend a couple bucks for a decent looking transformer, transform the thing a few times, and display it. I don't wanna keep it in the box or be so gentle with it that I will chip a paint off while transforming it. I don't like redecos, and I don't like cheap plastic that breaks off with just a little turn on a joint!!!

I have to side with Hasbro on this matter.

Does this custom Power-Up Prime look incredibly awesome? Yes. Is it better than what I can find on the shelves? Yes.

Would I pay upwards of $200 for it? Hell no.

People seem to forget these toys are aimed at kids first and foremost. As I've said time and time again on numerous sites, I have never heard a kid say he didn't want a new toy because "there isn't enough paint" or "there's not enough articulation." For the average consumer, Hasbro's Leader Prime does the job well enough.

(Yeah, I know someone will counter with, "Leader Prime is so complicated, no KID could figure it out on his own!" but that's not the point I'm trying to make here.)

And besides, if Hasbro made perfect toys there'd be nothing to complain about and customizers would be out of a hobby.

Am I the only one that disagrees that Hasbro should hire this guy? If they do, prices for Transformers will boost high, I mean higher than Masterpiece prices. I understand there are a lot of fans that love detai. For someone like me, I just wanna spend a couple bucks for a decent looking transformer, transform the thing a few times, and display it. I don't wanna keep it in the box or be so gentle with it that I will chip a paint off while transforming it. I don't like redecos, and I don't like cheap plastic that breaks off with just a little turn on a joint!!!

I agree with you. Probably for different reasons though. All the negative things I have heard about FR have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Sure the detail looks good, could Hasbro do it? Yes. Should they? Only if you want to pay $100+ for a deluxe figure.

The time and money it would take Hasbro to come up with these perfect paint apps just isn't economically feasible.

I have seen a lot of talent that gets overlooked only because their name isn't FR or Jin, not that I have anything against these two.

I just wish everyone would get the credit deserved for their customs and hard work.

Maybe Hasbro should follow Mattel's lead and create a web site for selling certain toys: http://www.mattycollector.com

There they could sell the toys with more details for more money.

SCREW THAT!!!

Have you heard any of the horror stories about their Masters of the Universe line? Entire stocks of figures selling out in less than an hour; website problems that cause orders to go unregistered; scalpers allowed to purchase any number of figures they want!

I've seen this one from F/R and its amazing. His customs almost discourage me from doing my own there so damn good. I am working on something special right now though...

i also think that hasbro will jack up the price if they increase the paint detail to all the toys they make. :doh

however, their less detail paint-job is a good opportunity for us to paint the toys to our likings, at least that's what i've been doing with my rotf figures. i added some detail to starscream's chest and more tattoos everywhere else, and some highlighting for sideways, it's kinda fun really. :)

i think instead of getting hired by hasbro, FR should start his own custom toy store, his works were really amazing :D

Archived