Kreon Upgrade Kit [shapeways]

Wu Long Ti

These arrived on my birthday and they fit awesome! I need to make a few minor tweaks to the knee connectors (shave off one of the pegs) and the hands.

The hands had the column for the axle filled in with either support or WST material and I ended up "drilling" them out using the sharpened end of a straight paper clip. it was terrifying. I then cut pieces of paper clip to length and used as axles for the finger joints.

It worked, but I can't expect anybody that goes for this kit to do the same so I'm going to have to work out another solution. I might try a half ball/recess friction connection but I worry that it will keep popping out.

Other than that, this is working exactly how I wanted :D

For those interested so far:

Kreon upgrade kit by wulongti on Shapeways

Joints are articulated enough for a 3 point landing (the Ironman pose)

kreon_upgrade___prototype_4_by_wulongti-d5kjnac.jpg

Standard Lego parts can fit the pegs for added customization

kreon_upgrade___prototype_6_by_wulongti-d5kjngo.jpg

The pegs all have a 3mm port along with the hands to accommodate the Kreon weapons/Kibble parts as well as the Cyberverse Weapons.

kreon_upgrade___prototype_1_by_wulongti-d5kjn0g.jpg

The bottoms of the feet/forearms have female lego ports

kreon_upgrade___prototype_3_by_wulongti-d5kjn7h.jpg

Parts easily removed and added to other toys

kreon_upgrade___prototype_5_by_wulongti-d5kjnds.jpg

post-9146-0-81459000-1352477060.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, those are the coolest things to hit Kreons since...Kreons!! Awesome work WLT!!!!

Thanks a bunch :D

Very cool, Thanks for sharing. The news has been front paged.

:thumb

Oh wow, that's so cool!! thank you so much :D

On this morning's train ride I sketched out design ideas for more parts... primarily connector and adapter pieces but also a few new parts that will combine to form a torso upgrade (w/ ab crunch) or could be used as new feet. Maybe some other stuff too, I'm not sure till I can play with them in hand.

kreon_upgrade_parts___sketches_by_wulongti-d5kvg30.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished modeling the torso upgrade. I've put a lot of thought into these parts and I'm pretty happy with how they've turned out. I've got some shoulder bells sketched out that will attach to these guys so that the arms don't looks so weird. But that's going to be part of the "Omega" set. ;)

I hope you guys like :D

kreon_torso_upgrade___spec_sheet_by_wulongti-d5lv1yt.jpg

kreon_torso_upgrade___mock_up_by_wulongti-d5lv29y.jpg

Hah, nice! A little more and you'll just be using the heads. ;)

True... I think w/ the Omega kit I'm working on, there will be the pelvis and legs, and the torso... but the rest will be add on parts.. lol

Archived