Getting Transformer Merchandise Signed

Dark_Supreme_Jetfire

So I have a question about getting some TF Merchandise signed at next years BotCon. Is it worth it or should I avoid the lines? Also, this year at Mid-Ohio Con in Columbus I have the chance of getting Marvel's g1 Transformers #2 Signed by Michael Golden(He did the cover). Should I get his signature or avoid getting it since it's issue 2 of the original series. Any info is most helpful.

i think it's totally up to you! If you get pleasure in meeting celebrities or semi-celebrities, then go for it. You only live once man. I've had the please of meeting celebs like Sir Anthony Daniels, Stan Lee, Billy Dee Williams, a bunch of B-List Star Wars celebs, and Peter Cullen here recently! The thing i remember the least about meeting them is the line i stood in or the amounts of cash i dropped to get the opportunity to meet them and the autograph. Lines are trivial. Bring a book or charge your phone battery before you get in line.

I see nothing wrong with getting your stuff signed, especially if the person is a role model of some sort. I'm sure you will remember the experience forever, and when you look back on it you will think "wow, I met Michael Golden and I got this signed comic as proof".

• 4 weeks later...

I got my TF07 Premium Series Bumblebee signed by Mark Ryan at Wizard Word Chicago a couple years back. It was an awesome experience. He went into an impromptu rant as Jetfire as he autographed my (and my wife's) figure! If I live to be 100 I'll never forget it! I say go for it!

i think it's totally up to you! If you get pleasure in meeting celebrities or semi-celebrities, then go for it.

^This. :) I get stuff signed as a memento/souvenir of meeting that celebrity rather than to increase the value of the commodity being signed. But there have been times I've met celebs without the opportunity of getting an autograph, or in the case of Michael Bay, losing the autograph. :( I got him to sign #1 of the movie adaptation comic (limited ed. cover too), then I stupidly left the comic back in my theatre seat -- when I went back to look for it it was long gone. :(

i think it's totally up to you! If you get pleasure in meeting celebrities or semi-celebrities, then go for it. You only live once man. I've had the please of meeting celebs like Sir Anthony Daniels, Stan Lee, Billy Dee Williams, a bunch of B-List Star Wars celebs, and Peter Cullen here recently! The thing i remember the least about meeting them is the line i stood in or the amounts of cash i dropped to get the opportunity to meet them and the autograph. Lines are trivial. Bring a book or charge your phone battery before you get in line.

I'm so upset I missed out on Cullen. WHY DIDNT I HAVE A REASON TO GO TO YOUR CAR WITH YOU?!?

But yeah the lines in Botcon aren't that bad. It all depends on who is there. David Kaye and Garry Chalk? Heaven. I only wish for Peter Cullen to drag Frank Welker to one.

i think it's totally up to you! If you get pleasure in meeting celebrities or semi-celebrities, then go for it.

^This. :) I get stuff signed as a memento/souvenir of meeting that celebrity rather than to increase the value of the commodity being signed. But there have been times I've met celebs without the opportunity of getting an autograph, or in the case of Michael Bay, losing the autograph. :( I got him to sign #1 of the movie adaptation comic (limited ed. cover too), then I stupidly left the comic back in my theatre seat -- when I went back to look for it it was long gone. :(

Yeah that making stuff more valuable is kind of sleazy. I'm with you on just getting to meet them. I did get Kaye and Chalk's signatures but it was only after I found a proper medium for it. I wasn't going to have them sign something random that didnt make sense. I got the Primal and Megs The Gathering #1 and had them sign them. Simon Furman too. Good experience.

Archived