Quintesson Figure - From ToyFare

amaro

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think about it, thats not that bad

Nope, sorry.

$100, maybe. $150, hells no. There's no way I'd be willing to spend that much money on a figure, sight unseen, that doesn't do anything but sit there. 20th OP was over 70 when I was able to pick him up. He's bigger, heavier, and he does a hell of a lot more. Sure, he's got a massive company backing him, but we're talking about pre-made molds here. How much work really has to go into that? How much is sculpy really?

If you can't justify the cost, I'm not spending my money. In this case, I'm not spending my money anyway.

If you think about it, thats not that bad

Nope, sorry.

$100, maybe. $150, hells no. There's no way I'd be willing to spend that much money on a figure, sight unseen, that doesn't do anything but sit there. 20th OP was over 70 when I was able to pick him up. He's bigger, heavier, and he does a hell of a lot more. Sure, he's got a massive company backing him, but we're talking about pre-made molds here. How much work really has to go into that? How much is sculpy really?

If you can't justify the cost, I'm not spending my money. In this case, I'm not spending my money anyway.

I'll ask you one thing about Prime, was he customed made and in extremely limited quantity? If this was official and some sort of lucky draw, you guys would be all over it

For 300 dollars? I wouldn't care if God himself painstakingly painted each and every little crevasse to be movie accurate, I'm not laying down 300 dollars for a statue. It's not going to happen.

And the guy has molds, how much work are we really talking about here? You can't charge people 300 bucks for paint aps.

Hey that's cool.

You don't have to buy one. :tfgrin

Don't get mad.

I just thought that some of you guys would want one.

I'm not pushing one on you. I even said I would trade.

It did take a lot of work to make one.

You try sculpting those faces that clean.

It's very hard to take something organic like clay and turn it

into something that looks mechanical.

The casts were another project by itself.

Look at the faces, those faces have some

really fine and intricate detail.

The molds are very complicated especially because they have

A lot of pointy angles, air bubbles are killers.

You know much resin is the egg alone?

Plus the clear resin with a touch of color.

I have to spend several hours casting, cleaning and assembling.

Not to mention painting.

You can’t compare me to Hasbro. They build thousands and spread the cost over each one. I’m only making two or three for my friends.

That’s the great thing about this country, you have a choice.

But please do not insult me or my ability, simply say:

“No thank you�

Instead give me some constructive criticism… tell me how I can make my sculpt better, did you like the colors, is it true to the character stuff like that. I didn’t post here to sell it, that’s why I said e-mail and we’ll talk. I posted it here for some feedback.

Thanks,

Joe