transforming pop machine in live action transformers movie

saberwolf

people i dont know if i am entirely remembering this right but way back inthe early early 1980's somewhere between their and the early mid 1980's wasn't their at one point a transforming popmachine commercial?

like i said my memmory is a little fuzzy but i could have sworn that back in the day at one point there was a pop machine commercial that showed this old mom and pop style food store getting closed down and locked up for the night and as the lights were shut off for the night in one room it showed these popmachines lined up against one wall that as the commercial reached it's end actually transformed into these pop machine robots.

does any of the older fans remember that commercial?

the reason i am asking that question is because at one point near the end ofthe live action movie as sam is running down the street holding the allspark cube in his hands it brings a full size pop machine to life that transforms into this pop machine robot that starts shoot pop cans at anybody and everybody in sight.

thats what made me remember that old transforming pop machine commercial.

im almost dead certain that scene from the movie was a homage of sorts to the commercial.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the spoiler.

Really, thanks.

Im glad I read siburke's reply first.

Wrong Forum BTW!

Thanks for the spoiler.

Really, thanks.

I don't know what's worse...the spoiler? or the fact that he keeps calling it a POP machine when everybody knows it's called a Coke machine... ;)

Half of the spoiler is in the title too. Could this PLEASE be edited/deleted?

thanks for the spoiler... now remember just cuz its out in the US isnt a green light to spoil it for the rest of the world who still have to wait

Thanks for the spoiler.

Really, thanks.

I don't know what's worse...the spoiler? or the fact that he keeps calling it a POP machine when everybody knows it's called a Coke machine... ;)

its actually a Soda machine but if you want to be specific it was MOUNTAIN DEW not COKE

hey im just trying to rmeember that old commercianl cause for 1 thats what the scene reminded me of and for 2 i cant find that old commercial on youtube and for 3 my memmory is a little bit faulty man. sorry about the spoiler bit.

near as i can tell though that pop machine transformer was a homage to the commercial

Guest Primal-Convoy
hey im just trying to rmeember that old commercianl cause for 1 thats what the scene reminded me of and for 2 i cant find that old commercial on youtube and for 3 my memmory is a little bit faulty man. sorry about the spoiler bit.

near as i can tell though that pop machine transformer was a homage to the commercial

No, what you did was to to be selfish and ruin it for the rest of us who havent seen the movie.

Now be a god chap and apologize.

Its that simple Sabrewolf, old bean.

Chop chop

Archived